Chapter 48

Topaz shoulders slumped, "I am next in line to lead the Sirens..."

They just stare at him who was looking down, tiredly. She didn't tell them before not because she was afraid what they will think or that they might do something to her since wizard had hunted them in the past. Instead, what she was doing is running from it because she didn't how to face it and she didn't want to face it.

"Huh so the queen of the ocean?" Theodore asked getting a light slap over the head by Pansy and Daphne.

"Ouch! that was a serious question," he said.

Damian chuckles, "Not exactly but I am not the best person to explain that," their focus shifted back to Topaz who honestly didn't want to talk which was something Narcissa quickly notice and was about to put a stop to this. When Topaz said, "The ocean is vast and I will be in charge of my whole race which is a female only race but to keep the peace we take a merman as our partner to rule."

"You don't mate with them?" Lucius asked and Topaz shook her head.

"I think that would be impossible due to their dislike of males in general," Damian smiling not even caring that what he said just made the guys in the room stiffen with worry about what he could mean.

"You are so free like," Topaz sighed and continue, "But he is not wrong Sirens don't like males which we have a long history of why that I am not going to get into. Its also a reason as to why the next queen of Siren grows up along side a merman chosen to stand beside her so they can get along when they get older."

"You still didn't say what you do to men," Severus pointed out.

"They drown them and eat them," Hermione said, "well that's what the muggle mythology says."

Topaz smiled, "And they are not wrong and I have done both since as a rite of passage I had to do just that" the air went cold all around and alertness was thick in the air except Damian who was relax as a sloth.

"I have no intention of harming any of you if that's something you are worry about," Topaz said.

Corvus nodded, "I know very well that she doesn't have that intention," Corvus said indirectly saying that if she meant any harm then she wouldn't have helped them. That thought relaxed most except Tom who's gaze wouldn't leave Topaz as if he was trying to find something wrong in her words.

"What is your purpose here? because you are not obligated to be here even less help," Tom said and Topaz raised her head a firm look between them.

"I ran away from my duties because I felt that I was not worth that position and I still do but I believe that meeting Corvus was not a coincidence. So I will help him because I want to and maybe I can learn something along the way," Topaz said.

Topaz and Tom kept their staring contest for a few minutes when Tom sighed, "I believe you but not trust you."

Topaz shrugged, "I am not asking for trust,"

"Maybe not from them but I would be please if I had it," Damian said only to receive a glare from Topaz.

"Why would you want her trust?" Sirius asked.

Damian smiled, "Simple, I want to fix the broken relationship between our kind and work together for a better future."

"Spoken like a monarch but you are far from getting her trust/help," Daphne pointed out which Damian nodded.

"I consider being in the same room without fear of being killed process," Damian said.

"You just taking advantage of her moment of weakness," Severus said, sneering at him. Narcissa lay a hand on his arm to calm him because he is protective of his snakes. Especially, if they are wounded physically, mentally or emotionally. And he considers Topaz one of his snakes.

Damian raised his hands in surrender, "I understand it might or it does look that way, but it is not an easy task just getting to stand next to a Siren without being threatened,"

"He is right about that but I wouldn't deny that what he asks for can be beneficial," Topaz said.

Narcissa clapped her hands loudly, "Okay, I'm putting a stop to this because we have a party to hold and a lot of things to do which all of you will help." multiple groans echoed around the room but none dared to challenge her.