Chapter 49

It was late at night after the children went to bed and Topaz who locked herself to avoid a persistent Damian.

Tom found himself staring out a window onto the backyard where he saw at least one wandering white peacock that Lucius was very fond of and so was he the more time he spent around them but if he was honest it was more the time he spent with helping Lucius take care of the peacocks that he liked.

"A knut for your thoughts?" Lucius asked, coming up behind him.

"How much have you gather about Dumbledore sympathizers?" Tom asked.

"So far I only have small bits of information and not something I can make a full case of," Lucius said, sighing when he sat on the sofa with his legs up. Kinda glad Narcissa was busy ordering the others/getting some last night things ready for tomorrow. To see him put his legs up on the sofa.

Tom huffed and turned away from the window, standing there a little longer watching or more like admiring Lucius long form stretch out on that sofa.

Before moving closer to him and moving one of his leg to open space for him to sit.

"They are keeping in close but remember they are not exactly the best on keeping a plan hidden," Tom said and Lucius nodded.

"I think Topaz was onto something about using something to record," Tom frowned and said, "Most of it will be tightly protected by magic to even send a house elf, enchant something to listening or use a muggle recording whatever that Miss Granger suggested."

"I know, which is why we are doing exactly what Topaz said," Lucius said.

Tom raised an a bow and it didn't help that Lucius had that silly grin of his that annoys Tom because he knows something and is having fun seeing Tom suffer not knowing what is going on.

"You want to get a crab?"

"Not exactly and I am not fan of smelling like sand," said Lucius, "I meant is use an animagus who can turn into an insert but more specifically a beetle."

"Huh," Tom shook his head, "You serious," Tom said.

Lucius nodded and Tom waited for more details but Lucius was tight lipped.

"Fine, but is one of Dumbledore sympathizer in charge of Department of Mysteries?" Tom asked.

Lucius blinked not expecting that question since he was sure that they would not need to go there which the information they will gather from the beetle and witness that don't approve of what Dumbledore is doing.

"I don't think so, why?" he asked.

"I just want to check something there," Tom said, simply like it was no big deal.

Lucius eyes widen and he shook his head, "Have you lost it. If they even see you will get sent to Azkaban or worse."

Tom rolled his eyes, grabbed Lucius hand giving it a squeeze, "I will be fine and they don't know that I look like this. " Lucius squeezed back knowing he was right. There were mostly looking for a bald, white skin, and snake nose. Not a handsome black hair man with sharp face, piercing red eyes and lips that look lonely that far away.