She means the world to me...

Diannes pov
Me and joe got ready quietly hardly talking to one and other as we were both really nervous. We woke up Mia and dressed her in her favourite outfit and told her that we were going to meet her new grandma and grandad. She was a little scared and frighten as I had told her previously that my dad wasn't a very nice man. She clutched hold of her favourite telly Ellie the elephant. I was just a nervous as her but I couldn't show it in front of her I had to be strong. We all sat in silence in the car, not even singing to the songs that we all knew coming from the radio. I couldn't stop twiddling my thumbs more as we got closer and Mia kept forgetting restlessly in her car seat moaning that she was uncomfortable but joe didn't do anything. He just had his eyes fixed on the road. I knew he was anxious about this meeting to as he never spoke when he was feeling nervous.
When we arrived we sat there in the car for a few seconds frozen not knowing what to do. I wanted joe to the the car around so we couldn't snuggle up and watch Netflix like we normally do. I was shook from my thoughts by joe placing my hand on my leg and telling me that it would be alright. He quickly gave me a kiss and went to help me out of the car. We all hung on to each other scared to let go.
Joes mum Tracey cane rushing to the door she seemed very excited and cheerful.
Tracey - you must be dianne and Mia, come in come in and make yourself at home.
She signaled us in while give of us both a big warm, bear hug making us both feel accepted and part of the family. I don't understand why I was feeling so nervous.
We all sat down on joes sofa and graham offered as all a biscuit and drink which we accepted in gratitude.
Tracey - so dianne how are you it's so nice to meet you.
Dianne - I'm fine thank you it's so nice to finally meet you to.
We talked about most things like me and joe meeting and about Mia but not about my back story until Tracey asked.
Tracey - so you have a daughter?
I could feel my body burning up and my heart was pounding I had to tell them as stager were basically family now and I didn't want them to think I was a slag.
Joe - Di ya don't have to tell them if your not ready...
Dianne - no no it's fine you know you deserve to know. Well basically it all started when my mum died of cancer ...
(You know what happened and I Don't want to retell the story)
I told them everything and when I finally looked up after I had finished speaking Tracey was crying and Graham's mouth has opens and looked upset. Joe turned away from everyone not wanting to show his tears and Mia snuggled up to me but she didn't really understand everything. Tracey pulled me up into another hug and said that I will always belong here and if I ever needed to talk to her I was always welcome.
Joes pov
When Dianne had finished talking I couldn't help but feel the tears rushing down my face and I pulled dianne closer to me scared to let her go. My dad pulled me outside and we had a man to man chat. He told me to protect dianne at all costs cause she was special he told me that he could she the love between us every time we looked at one and other.
Joe - well dad she means the world to me and I will never let her down.

Hi guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I am sorry if it is a bit boring I just needed to get this out the way as there will be another big plot twist coming up so stay tuned.