Chapter T'W'E'N'T'Y

Previously on For Every Mistake...

"I think the longer she talks or associated with the Mikaelson's the crazier she gets." Enzo rubs the back of his neck. "Or maybe its you Damon. She wasn't like this before you showed up. Leave." He gave Damon a dirty look.

"Didn't you do all this to get my attention from the beginning?!" Damon looked at Enzo in disbelief. "Yeah, and now I want you to leave." Enzo shrugged.

"What kinda fuckery is this?" Damon sighed while shaking his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later~

"Kol could you stop following me around?" I sigh for the hundredth time today. "I cannot do that, love." He states. "And why is that?" He shrugs. "Kol I won't get kidnapped again." I turn to him after putting my books in my locker. "You don't know that."

"I know enough. Plus I'm actually listening to Veron's lessons. So if anything does happen, I know how to use my powers." I smile reassuringly at him. "Val.. I want to be able to protect you. Yes, I know you can do it yourself, but what's the point of having me around if I can't do it for you?" He pulls me closer to him.

"Are you, Kol Mikealson, going soft?" I raise an eyebrow. "Tsk, darling never." He wraps his arms around my waist. "Is that so?" I stand an my tippy toes and brushes my lips against his. "Mhm.." he mumbles trailing his eyes to my lips.

"Too bad." I pull away from him and walk out of the now empty school. "What?" He mumbles to himself absentmindedly following behind me. I laugh to myself while running to catch up with my brother.

"Ron~." I sing before jumping on him. "What's up with you today, Val?" He looks at me with mock disgust. "Don't look at royalty like that." I give him a dirty look. "If you're royalty, doesn't that make me one too?" He raises an eyebrow at me. "Nope, you aren't pretty enough." I shrug pulling away from him. "Oh, but guess what!" I grin at him.

"What? Did you find a life?" He smirks. "Ha ha ha, no. Much better though! I made Kol think I was going to kiss him. You should have seen his face!" Veron pouts hearing this. "I never get to see the good stuff." Kol scoffs while standing behind me. "Do you really want to see your sister and I make out?" 

"That's gross." Veron scrunches up his nose. "Actually, we didn't make out. I made you think that we were, but we didn't." I point out. "That's my sister for you." Veron smirks. "At least I have the sister, mate." Kol smirks as Veron's smirk drop. "That's cold, man."

"I'm going to go find my favorite Mikealson now." I get into Kol's car. "I'm literally right in front of you, darling." Kol leans over the window. "No, I mean the original you. You know, before you copied yourself in a three D printer." I tilt my head with an evil grin.

"I though Henrik was your favorite."  Veron pops his head from the back seat. "He's my second favorite." I watch as Kol storms to the drivers side of the car. "should we really let him drive while he's this mad?" Veron mumbles to me as if a vampire was not in the car. "I believe that you've seen him worse," I quickly pull my seatbelt on. "and if I were you, I'd put a seatbelt on." 

Veron didn't hesitate to sit back and put his seatbelt on, just as Kol sped out of the driveway. "You should be more careful." I told Kol, adding more fuel to the fire. "Are you upset just because Elijah is my favorite Mikealson? Or just upset that you are my fifth favorite?" 

"Um, Val..It would be great if you shut up now." Veron mumbled from the back seat. "I don't care if we die." I shrug watching as Kol sped up, only to slow down. "Aw, why did you slow down?" I turn my head to look at Kol. "Do you have a death wish?!" He yells at. I raise my eyebrows shocked with disbelief. Did I take it too far?

"You don't care if we die?! You are mortal! You can die by a simple car crash while I live with that pain!" Did this just take a turn? I swear all of our conversations lead to an argument. "What about me? I could die too." I hear Veron mumble. "Kol, I didn't mean for it to be offensive." I sigh as he pulls into Bonnie's driveway. "Well it was." He parks the car refusing to look at me.

Veron was quick to get out of the car because he had a near death situation, and because this argument was awkward for him. "Kol..I'm sorry." I try to take his hand, but he snatches it away. "If you make jokes about being dead, what makes it different than wanting to be dead?" He says lowly but loud enough for me to hear. "Kol, it was a joke that I know not to make anymore. I meant no harm by it. It was like the dog being in the back seat meme." I tell him.

"Let's break up."