Chapter T(W)E(N)T(Y)O(N)E

Previously on For Every Mistake

"You don't care if we die?! You are mortal! You can die by a simple car crash while I live with that pain!" Did this just take a turn? I swear all of our conversations lead to an argument.

"Kol..I'm sorry." I try to take his hand, but he snatches it away. "If you make jokes about being dead, what makes it different than wanting to be dead?"

"Let's break up."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What?" I breath out. "I'm not repeating myself." He narrows his eyes. His mind is set. "You have got to be kidding me right now." I stare at him.

"Goodbye, Valentine." He opens his car door. "No." I grab his arm. "You want to break up over a harmless joke! I didn't mean it. I thought you were the one that could handle the jokes. Hell, you're the one that makes them!" I rant. "There's a difference between joking upon other lives and your own, Valentine!" I grit my teeth at his words.

"A difference? Really? I can't tell. Other people's lives mean just as much or even more than my own! Just because they are human doesn't make them any different!" Kol's facial expression seemed to get darker. "There is a difference. They aren't you." He stares down at me.

"Do you really want to break up..?" I let go of his arm. He looks away from me. "I have to go.." he climbs into his car. I scoff as tears start to bubble up. I won't cry. I turn my back and walk to the house. Next thing I hear is his car speeding away. Next thing I hear in the door slamming behind me. Next thing I know I'm on the ground. Next thing I knew I made a mistake. Kol is gone.

"Val.." I stare down at the ground. I feel Veron at my side sitting next to me. "I want to go home." I mumble blinking back tears. "What do you mean? You are home." I shook my head. "I want to go back to Canada." I tell him while trying to get my breathing back to normal.

"You aren't thinking straight." He places his hand on my head. "Veron.." I mumble. He pulls me me up with him and hugs me. "If you want to go home for a while, we'll go home. But, we are most definitely coming back. We don't run from our problems." I sigh.

"I miss Vijin." I pout. "Are you kidding me right now? While I'm comforting you?" He pushes me away with a betrayed face. "Veron..I'm sorry." I reach for him. "No." He huffs storming to him room. I quickly follow behind him with a small laugh.

(^^)

I sigh looking out the plane's window. "Stop thinking about him." Veron huffs and flicks my forehead. "Forget about who?" My face breaks out into a grin at my buddy's voice.

"Sung-Hyuk!" I smile at the man sitting in front of us. "The one and only." He grins at me and winks.

" He grins at me and winks

"Ew." I scrunch up my nose in disgust. "Did he just?" Veron mocks my facial expression. Sung-Hyuk face automatically turns to a scold. "Shut up." He huffs turning in his seat. "Why aren't you on first class?" I lean over his seat. "I stalked you." He says bluntly.