Tempris

Genre~ Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult and many more

Author~ StephieFisher

(Completed)

Summary~

His hands moved down to cradle her neck. "I only have one request if you're going to keep me in suspense all day long."
"What's that?" The movement of her lips drew his eyes down.
"Let me kiss you again?"
That voice, breathy and low, set Taly's heart racing. His lips twitched at the corners-he could hear it. Now that he could use his magic, he knew exactly the kind of effect he was having on her. But he didn't move. He waited.
Her choice. She set the pace.
Taking a shaky breath, she jerked her head. Yes.

***

When Taly was only six years old, a horrific fire swept through her village, stealing away her home, her family, and every memory of her previous life. Fifteen years later, she finds herself living in Tempris, a derelict island on the fringes of the once-mighty fey empire. Living as a human among a race of powerful and immortal mages, Taly is treated as barely more than an animal. They even have a name for her kind: Shardless.

Still, Taly considers herself lucky. Taken in by a prominent fey lord, she's lived a comfortable life. But when an accidental brush with magic causes her to see things-ghostly apparitions that give her small glimpses into the future - she quickly finds herself in a very dangerous situation. The Scantorum has returned to the island, executing anyone showing signs of time magic. If they find her, they'll kill her... and anyone that tries to protect her.

Fearing discovery, Taly leaves home, abandoning her old life and everyone in it. It's just too bad her best friend refuses to let her go... And despite the risk, Taly finds that she doesn't really want him to.

Now Taly's life is about to change again. An ancient evil is rising - with its eyes set on conquering Tempris. In the face of this new threat, will Taly be able to keep her secret? Or will she be forced to face her fear in order to save the people she cares about?

***

My Opinion~

I've truly never read anything like this before. The thought that went into this book is astonishing. Everything about it is extraordinary. The setting details, the character depth, absolutely everything. I feel as if I'm actually living inside this book, walking along side the characters through every moment and situation. I love the time and work the author put into this story and it was definitely worth it in the end, for her and for the readers. It's mind boggling how people can use such amazing creativity and hard work to make something new and how they put they're talent, sweat, and tears into everything they do, including writing, art, sports, and so much more. Humans are amazing creatures let me tell ya that!

Vote and comment to shower the author in loads of love!
~Kristen