Chapter 1

~ToriiTorii~

~ToriiTorii~

Marinette Dupain-Cheng was just like any other girl of her age, other than the fact that she had a superhero identity. No one knew she was Ladybug except herself, her kwami Tikki, and Master Fu the guardian of the miraculous. She hadn't met Master Fu yet, but he had been the one who secretly gave her the box containing her earrings.

Like any other girl, she had a crush. She had a huge crush on a boy in her class, Adrien Agreste. It was so bad that she had created a huge chart that displayed the boy's daily schedule, making her best friend, Alya Cesaire, worry for her.

Marinette tended to sleep in. She swore it was because of her busy life as a hero of Paris, but she couldn't use that excuse when she showed up to class late. This was another one of those mornings. Another morning where she slept in, rushed to school, and created another excuse to explain why she was late to class.

***

Marinette's POV

"Marinette!"

I heard my name called as something pulled the warm blankets off of me. Instantly I could feel the cool air surround me. I shivered and curled into a ball, trying to keep as much warmth as I could.

"Marinette! Wake up! You're late for school! Again!"

I groaned and stirred in bed a little more. I know Tikki has my best interests at heart, but why did I need to worry about going to school? Can't I just stay home and sleep in my warm blankets and comfortable bed?

"Marinette, you do realize that if you don't get up out of bed and go to school," Tikki paused as she added a teasing tone to her voice. "You miss the chance to see Adrien."

As if it were magic, and it perfectly could have been knowing Tikki was a magical creature, I sat bolt upright and my eyes snapped open. "I'm up!"

Tikki giggled in response and flew around my head as I tied my hair back into my usual pigtails.

I hopped out of bed after thanking my kwami, then quickly dressed into my usual everyday attire. Then I opened the small pink bag that Tikki hid in throughout the day. The kwami took the hint and flew into hiding as I slung my backpack over my shoulders and rushed downstairs.

I stuffed a few chocolate chip cookies into the small pink bag that hung from my shoulder to my opposite hip to keep Tikki well-fed while we were at school then ran out the door. Thankfully, I didn't have to run far to get to the school, but that didn't mean I wasn't out of breath by the time I crashed into the classroom, interrupting Ms. Bustier and causing her to stop talking mid-sentence.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" I said quickly and sped walked to my seat. "I slept in because I had to stay up late and help my parents in the bakery-"

"Because overworking yourselves is how you bakers are able to make any sort of living." Chloe Bourgeois interrupted with a smirk. She has been my rival for as long as the two of us could remember.