Chapter 12

~LuciaLin~

~LuciaLin~

Adrien's POV

It had been a few weeks since that party the Couffaine's threw for Luka, and, yet again, I was thinking about how Marinette seemed so eager to talk with Luka. Did she know him before he left on that band tour? How close were they?

I sighed and lowered my head. Why should I care about how well Luka and Marinette knew each other? I know I shouldn't. It really isn't any of my business.

And yet I can't not think about it. Maybe some time out as my alter ego would clear my head?

***

"Where is he?!"

I turned my head towards the sound, realizing it came from the direction of my house. I guess it's a good thing I decided to leave when I did. It looks like there's another akuma to deal with.

Taking my stick out from behind me, I selected Ladybug's icon to give her a call. Straight to voicemail. I guess she isn't transformed yet.

"Why isn't he here?! I thought he'd be home by now!"

I crouched on a nearby roof as I watched the akuma look into my bedroom window, and there was no doubt she was looking for me. Probably some fan girl of mine...

"Hey!" I called over to her. "Don't you realize that looking into someone's room is a violation of privacy? Purrhaps he went somewhere so you wouldn't be able to find him?"

The girl snapped her head towards me, glaring angrily. "Did you take him?!" She demanded. "Where is he?!"

"Why do you care so much?" I countered. I had absolutely no idea who this girl was.

"I love Adrien!" She declared. "Chloe told me I'd never have a chance, and Lila backed her up! I'll prove them both wrong! Once I find him, he'll forever be mine!"

"Oh boy." I muttered to myself. "Why are they always so desperate?"

"Not if there's anything I can do about it!"

I turned to look to my right and noticed Ladybug next to me on the rooftop. "My Lady!" I said happily. "I tried calling you earlier."

"I just transformed a moment ago after hearing the two of you bickering." She replied as she glared at the akumatized girl.

"You do realize that neither Chloe nor Lila are with him either?" She called. "I bet you're like them and everyone else! You only love him because he's a model! Get to know him before you make declarations!"

The girl growled in frustration. "You almost talk as if you know him!"

I looked from the akuma to Ladybug questioningly.