Chapter 6

Marinette's POV

A few weeks had passed since that game of Truth or Dare that the whole class played at the park. Since then, there's been a handful of akumas that Chat and I have taken care of. We've even decided to start patrolling as an extra precaution.

I had every Tuesday for an evening patrol, and he had every Thursday. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays we'd meet up and patrol the evening together. On Saturdays we'd each go out for morning or evening patrols depending on how busy we were. Sometimes we ran into each other, sometimes we didn't. And on Sundays we'd take the day off from patrols.

This was a Friday evening, and Chat and I were sitting on the top of a building as we watched the city streets down below us. We had been there for almost an hour and a half and nothing was happening.

Since there wasn't much to do but watch, my mind wandered. I thought about Adrien and about that rose that he had to give to Chloe, but I also thought about what he had said to me afterwards at the park.

"And what Chloe said-" I started.

"No." Adrien interrupted me quickly. "None of it was true. Not in a million years."

"I believe you."

I smiled more as I remembered how much he seemed to want me to trust him. It was really easy, and it still is, to believe what he said. I know how much Adrien values honesty.

Then my mind drifted to Chat and the flower I had gotten from Chat. It was really nice to know that he cares, but why'd I get it from him? I wish it could have been Adrien who could have given it to me. If he felt bad, couldn't he have thought of it when he was told to give one to Chloe? He said it himself. She didn't deserve it.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to clear the thoughts. I shouldn't expect Adrien to do anything like that for me. If he wanted to, I wouldn't complain of course, but I'm not going to sulk around because of something he didn't have to do.

I still had one unanswered question though. Why did Chat think of giving me a flower? I mean, I've gotten them from him as Ladybug plenty of times, but that was the first time as Marinette. Are there other girls that he flirts around with and gives flowers to?

"See you later."

I was instantly snapped out of my thoughts as I turned to look at Chat. He had turned and hopped off the raised edge where we had been sitting and was walking away, preparing his stick to vault away.

"What?"

He paused and looked back at me with a slight frown of confusion, but it soon turned into a small amused smile. "You didn't hear anything I just said, did you?"

I blushed slightly in embarrassment as I shook my head. "Only the see you later part." I said. "I'm sorry."

"No worries, Bugaboo." He smiled. "I just said that since we've been here for a little while and nothing's happening, maybe we should end patrol here."

"Right." I nodded, looking down at my hands in my lap. My fingers fidgeted as I thought. "Makes sense."

"You're going to stay?"

"I'll be on my way in a little bit."

"Okay." He said. "See you."

A split second later I had made up my mind to talk to Chat. "Chat, wait." I said suddenly, hoping he hadn't quite left yet.

I was afraid that he had already gone and sighed softly, but then I turned when I saw him lean over the raised edge of the rooftop where he had previously been sitting. His arms were folded under him as he looked up at me. He gave me a small smile and I returned it before we both looked forward at the city below us.