Chapter 3

Marinette's POV

"Until I tell you to stop." Alya grinned.

"I'm feline confident about this dare." He said as he stood up. Chloe tried to protest when he stood up and took a step away from her, but he looked relieved. I can't blame him. Who would want Chloe clinging onto them?

With his first couple puns I knew that Adrien knew Chat Noir well enough to get that down, but I was curious to see how well he knew my partner to act like him. The most that the majority of civilians knew about Chat was that he makes puns, he likes baked goods, and he has a massive crush on me. Well, Ladybug that is.

My eyes widened slightly as Adrien started to dance around. He was doing the same moves that Chat had when he and I were distracting Mr. Pigeon. How would he know about that? Unless maybe...

Someone happened to get footage and he saw it?

When he started dancing, everyone started laughing except for myself and Chloe. I was too shocked by how he knew to dance like him, and Chloe just rolled her eyes, clearly not impressed.

Alya scoffed. "Chat Noir isn't like that, Adrien."

"Why wouldn't he be?" Adrien asked with a slight smirk. He stopped dancing and started to flex his arms. "I thought I was doing a purrfect demonstration."

I was shocked when he started to flex. I didn't think anyone really knew Chat except for me. How would he know all this when even Alya didn't know? Maybe Adrien is friends with Chat?

"Fine." Alya scoffed again. "But you can't really show your best impersonation without Ladybug. Why don't you pretend that Marinette is Ladybug?"

"What?!" Chloe and I demanded at the same time.

"I-I don't think I should-" I tried to say. I was nervous about the possibility of being up in front of everyone with Adrien.

"Exactly why I should be the one that pretends to be Ladybug." Chloe interrupted me. "Marinette is too much of a coward to act as Ladybug."

I looked at Chloe and my eyes narrowed. "No. I'll do it." I told her as I stood up with new found confidence. It was probably me just wanting to prove Chloe wrong, because I forgot for a moment that I was to do this with Adrien until I was standing right in front of him.

"H-hi." I stammered with a nervous smile, my cheeks already turning a light shade of pink. Everyone around us went quiet in anticipation at how we'd act.

Adrien let out an amused breath as he smiled back at me. "Hi." He said. "You didn't have to let them bug you into this, Bugaboo."

I froze at the nickname and I could feel my blush darken. Instantly I felt tongue tied. Even though I don't necessarily like it when Chat calls me that, I liked hearing it from Adrien.

"What's wrong?" He continued with that cute, stupid smirk of his. "Cat got your tongue?"

"N-no." I managed to get out. "I was just put into a tight spot, that's all."

I smiled a little more at the pun I made, especially when Adrien looked surprised when it came out of my mouth.

"My Lady, you are quite the charmer." He said after clearing his throat.

I blushed a little more but mentally told myself to quit. All I had to do was pretend this was really Chat I was talking to, not Adrien.

"Thanks, Chat," I said, putting my hands on my hips to get in character. "But now's not the time for your puns."