Chapter 2

~Angiensca~

~Angiensca~

Marinette's POV

When the school bell rang, the four of us rushed to the park, excited to hang out. Luckily, Adrien hadn't had anything scheduled for the afternoon, so he was free.

"Since we're all here..." Alya said. "We should play a game. Just the four of us."

"What game?" Nino asked. He gave Alya an I-know-what-you're-up-to look. I looked at Adrien to see if he had any idea of what they were planning, but he looked as if our friends weren't hiding anything.

Alya smirked. "Truth or Dare?" She suggested in a tone that worried me. I would have to play. This was no suggestion.

"Yeah!" Nino said enthusiastically and playfully nudged Adrien's arm. "What do you think, dude?"

I shyly glanced at Adrien. His look of confusion and excitement surprised me. "Sounds fun." He said. "How's it played?" He looked at Alya and Nino with big eyes and a wide grin. My eyes widened slightly with surprise. He's never played before?

"Woah, woah, woah..." Nino said, taken aback by Adrien's statement. "You're saying you've never played Truth or Dare before?"

Adrien shrugged. "What can I say? The benefits of being home schooled all through my childhood."

"Dude." Nino said, chuckling softly. "This is gonna be fun."

"But it's his first time playing!" I said suddenly, not knowing I would say anything until the words came out of my mouth. "There should be more than just the four of us playing."

"You think so?" Alya asked as she looked around us. Her eyes and smile brightened, and I looked in the direction she was looking to see Kim and Max. "Hey!" Alya yelled, waving her arm to get their attention. "You guys wanna play Truth or Dare with us?"

Kim and Max looked at each other for a moment. Max gave us a thumbs up, and Kim raised both of his arms giving us a double thumbs up. Not long after, Kim and Max joined us beneath the tree we had decided to sit under.

"I invited Alix, and she invited Mylene. That's cool, right?" Kim asked hopefully as he looked at each of our faces.

"The more the merrier." Nino said happily. As we waited for Alix and Mylene to show up, we had seen Nathaniel sketching some flower bush nearby, and Rose and Juleka had been seen on a park bench lost in conversation. All three had agreed to play with us. When everyone was there, we organized ourselves into a large circle with a bottle in the middle.

"What about Chloe?" Kim asked as we were about to start the game. I inwardly groaned. Who wanted her here? Not me! She'd not only ruin the game; she'd ruin Adrien's first time of playing Truth or Dare!

"And Sabrina?" Max added. Everyone looked at each other with a silent agreement. We weren't going to extend the invitation.

"I'll text her." Adrien declared, breaking the silence. I looked at him in shock. He hadn't seemed to understand the memo of NOT inviting her.