Chapter 6: Lunch With Shoto

Everyone was chattering excitedly about the news reports from the USJ.

"Did you watch the news last night?"

"We were all on TV for a few seconds!"

"Imagine what would have happened if the pros hadn't shown up."

(Y/n) shivered, not wanting to imagine if they had come even a second later.

"Everyone in your seats!" Iida ordered, speeding into the room.

"We're all seated. You're the only one standing."

"Hey Tsu," Mina leaned back in her chair to talk to the green-haired girl. "Who's gonna teach homeroom today?"

"Well Mr. Aizawa is supposed to be in the hospital recovering from his injuries..."

The door slid open and Aizawa stood in the doorway, covered in bandages.

"Morning."

The class erupted in shouts.

"Mr. Aizawa, you're back too soon!"

"You're too much of a pro!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"So you're all right Mr. Aizawa?" Iida asked, his hand shooting up in the air.

"If you can call that, 'all right'" (Y/n) murmured to Shoto next to her.

"My well being doesn't matter." He stood at the front of the class. "More importantly, the fights not over... the UA Sports Festival draws near."

"That's super-normal school event!"

"Wait! Is it a good idea to have a sports festival so soon after the villains attacked?" Jirou asked.

"What if they attack us again?" Ojiro added.

"Apparently, they think of it as UA showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock by holding the event," Aizawa explained. "Security will also be strengthened to five times of that previous years."

"Above all, the sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be cancelled because of a few villains."

"But that's a good reason, isn't it? It's just a festival of sports," Mineta piped up from his seat.

"You've never seen the UA Sports Festival?" Izuku turned to ask him.

"Of course I have! That's not what I meant!"

He shut his mouth as Aizawa fixed him with an impatient glare.

"Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events. In the past, the Olympics were called a festival of sports, and the whole country was crazy about them. As you know, with reductions in scale and population, they're now a shell of their former glory. And now for Japan, what has taken the place of those Olympics is the UA Sports Festival."

"Of course, top heroes around the country will be watching," Momo added. "For scouting purposes!"

"After we graduate, it's typical to join a pro agency as a sidekick!" Kaminari explained enthusiastically.

"A lot of people miss their chance to become independent after that and become eternal sidekicks though." Jirou deadpanned. "Kaminari, I feel like you'd be one of them, since you're dumb."

"Gonna need some ice for that burn," (Y/n) muttered quietly.

"Why? He didn't get burned anywhere." Shoto asked, genuinely confused.

"Oh you sweet cinnamon roll, you'll learn," (Y/n) replied.

"Of course, joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience and popularity." Aizawa began to wrap up his lecture. "Time is limited. If you expect to go pro, then the path to your future will open up at this event."