Chapter 24: Study Session

"Okay, that's it for class," Aizawa announced as the bell rang, signaling the end of homeroom. "It's Friday. and there's only one week left until the final exams. I'm sure you already know, it won't be just a written exam. Make sure you train your minds and bodies at the same time. That's all."

He left the classroom.

"I haven't studied at all!" Denki and Mina cried out in unison. (Y/n) smiled at them. She had gotten 6th place on the midterm, and was happy where she was. She watched her classmates crowd around Yao-Momo to ask for tutoring help and her respond with endless amounts of happiness.

At lunch, she sat with Shoto and the Dekusquad and chatted about the practical exams.

Someone elbowed Izuku in the head.

"Oh sorry. Your head was so big I accidentally hit it." a Class 1-B student chuckled, his blue eyes sparkling mockingly.

"You fuckin' take that back!" (Y/n) slammed her hands down on the table. "Or I swear on Jah imma start throwing hands!"

Izuku hastily stepped in between (Y/n) and the boy, holding her back as her hands clawed at him.

"(Y/n) please calm down!" Iida reprimanded her. She relaxed. Slightly.

"If you walk away now, I won't hit you. On god," she promised.

"On god?" the boy scoffed. The second he took a step forward she lunged for him.

"Bitch I don't believe in God!"

A hand karate-chopped the boy's shoulder, knocking him out momentarily. A girl with her orange hair in a ponytail stood over him an dragged him off. (Y/n) was still fuming.

"No one talks to my friends like that," she said sourly. Izuku smiled at her.

"I think you've been hanging around Mina and Denki too much. Thank you for sticking up for me though. And did you hear what Kendou said? She says we'll be fighting robots again for the exam!" Izuku smiled.

(Y/n) couldn't help but sigh in relief. She could let loose and not worry about hurting anyone when she would be fighting the robots.

She settled next to Shoto again and they continued their lunch.

~

"We'll definitely be able to go to the training camp now!" Mina and Denki cheered. They had just gotten the news about everyone fighting the robots.

"Now you just need Momo to help you with homework over the weekend, then you'll be good to go!" (Y/n) added.

"It doesn't matter if they're people or robots." Katsuki snarled. "They're the same if you beat 'em up, right?"

He glared at them.

"What're you idiots talking about it being a cinch for?"

"Who're you calling idiots?"

"Shut up!" he snapped. "If you need to control your quirks, then control them! Idiots!"

His crimson gaze turned to Izuku.

"Hey Deku. I don't know if you've figured out how to use your quirk a little or what, but you seriously keep rubbing me the wrong way."

(Y/n) knew this was about the other chapt- day in Field Gamma.

"I don't want another half-asssed result like at the Sports Festival."

He threatened Izuku a bit more, then turned to Shoto.

"Todoroki! I'll beat you too! At the finals, and I'll win over-"

He caught (Y/n)'s worried gaze. He turned and stalked out of the room.