Chapter 11

Jungkook didn't sleep for the rest of the night. Thanks to you. He kept thinking about what you said
“Kookie…….. love me please.”

Till now Jungkook never thought about the fact that you could feel things too.

He wondered why he never thought about your feelings when he plotted this plan. After all you are a human too, right? ‘It's funny’ Jungkook thought ‘how sometimes we get so obsessed with something that we don't even think about the people that are involved in our little games are not toys, but real living humans that can feel pain.’

But he loved your sister and this was Jungkook's last resort. As petty and cheap as it seemed, Jungkook was really desperate. Deep down he knew he was wrong. Everyone knows how wrong they are when they do something bad. But Jungkook didn't want to admit it yet.

********

You were finally over Namjoon's departure. Alcohol seemed to do the trick which days of mourning couldn't do. Also now you had a new problem-how to face Jungkook.

The first thing that you remembered after you woke up today was how you were practically begging desperately Jungkook to love you. You had no idea why you said that and more importantly why you said it to him.

You kept blaming the drunk you. Couldn't the drunk 'you' act like a cute, little kid like in k-dramas? No the drunk 'you' had to go and act like some insecure little….. So much for being an independent and strong woman.

When you saw Jungkook waving at you in the hallway smiling, you did what you do best. Pretend like don't know what's going on.

“Hey Y/N. ”

“Hi Jungkook, did you sleep well?”

“Yeah. What about you?”

“Good.”…… Awkward silence….

“So do you have a hangov-”

“You know what classes are gonna start soon so gotta go…”

“Wait.”

“It's been a while since we haven't gone on a date. What about tonight?”

“Dealimeanyesgottagobye” you excitedly ran away. The first time you were so early to any class.

Jungkook smiled. He was happy that you forgot. He didn't know how to deal with the situation otherwise.

******
Jungkook was a like a mad fellow in love. A mad fellow without any courage. That's why every year he always left your sister little,(or not so little)anonymous presents on her birthday.

Initially your sister was pretty confused with this anonymous well-wisher of hers but over the years, she got used to it and was really ecstatic whenever she saw the familiar gift box wrapped in red in her doorstep. He still feels butterflies in his stomach when he recalls your sister's happy expression by seeing his gift at her doorstep. This year he wanted to buy a gift that looked like all his love was fit into it.

And he found the gift that fit the description perfectly. Jungkook leaned towards the glass showcase to get a clearer look of the pendant.