Chapter 20

Even though you said those things to Jackson very sassily now you regretted them. He was after all, a man you had loved once. ‘Love is so weird’ you thought. It makes you want to hurt a person so bad. But at the same time it hurts you the same way too.

Jungkook had noticed how absent minded you were the entire night. He knew that something happened between you and Jackson. Should he ask about it? No why should he? It's none of his business. More over if you and Jackson got back together the chances between him and noona would be more.

Noona…. His plan was going smoothly. Everything had been setup successfully without any suspicion. All that he had left to do was the triggers. Here and there. Making noona jealous. And ultimately noona would be rightfully his.

He looked at you from across the table. You were poking the food lightly. ‘It's funny’ he thought. Two people sitting across each other on what was supposed to be ‘romantic date’ thinking about people other than the ones they shared company with. The power of imagination.

“Y/N. Did some thing happen between you and Jackson?” He didn't want to ask you about it. But he needed a conversation because people around you were giving you two glances because you two looked like complete strangers.

“J-Jackson? No. Why?” You know it was pretty obvious why. But you didn't have any other answer prepared and you definitely didn't want to tell Jungkook the truth. It'd be favourable if he imagined you to be just a cute little naive girl.

Jungkook looked at you for a while. ‘Did they kiss?’ There was 15 minutes after all. I mean you and Jackson could have done anything. Not that Jungkook cared but he was still your boyfriend and you just can't kiss any random guy.

“Nothing.” He sighed trying to secretly look at your lips. Your lipstick wasn't smudged. ‘What if she had applied it after? But she wouldn't have the time… ’

You saw Jungkook searching your lips. To your dismay, your usually slow brain responded quite fast and made you say, “We didn't kiss.” You nearly screamed making people at the restaurant look at you both. Some of the smart ones among them could finally understand the cause of the awkward silence between you both.

But the most awkward was Jungkook of course. “I-I wasn't implying t-that.” He wanted to shoot himself with an imaginary gun.

“I m-mean there is nothing going on between Jackson and me. I am just sad because I…… I  have cramps.” you had no idea what shit you were blabbering but you didn't want Jungkook to get the wrong idea.

“Oh…..” He trailed off looking down. Not only was the atmosphere awkward around you two, you both had successfully spoiled the romantic atmosphere in the entire restaurant.

You both quietly finished your dinner and left the place trying to avoid eye contact with everybody.

You both were walking down the river. Silence. Not that you didn't like it. Being with Jungkook was something you found peaceful. Sometimes with him you didn't feel insecure or scared about whether he would judge you.

You suddenly saw a couple pass by, giggling and snuggling into each other's arms. This made you realize the lack of contact between you and Jungkook. You both walked at a distance from each other. Anybody who saw you and Jungkook right now would think you both are just acquaintances.

You were going to say something to break the ice when you heard a familiar voice. You looked towards your side to find Jimin. He was wearing a loose t-shirt with light blue ripped jeans. The first time you bothered to notice what anybody was wearing.

“Hey Jimin.” you said trying to avoid eye contact. You found it weird that you were blushing when you didn't even have any feelings like that towards him.
You were torn apart from your mochi land when you felt a hand pulling you back. You looked at Jungkook's face quickly and desperately to find some kind of an emotion but his face was blank.

“Hyung…. What are you doing here?”  Jungkook said slightly pulling you towards his body.

“Nothing… just buying some things. Are you two on a date? Can I join?” He said jokingly getting glares from Jungkook.

You being the ignorant fool that you are couldn't catch the joke and smiled “Sure.”

Jungkook glared at you. He looked at you like he was going to do something really bad to you if he had the chance. “She means, sure you can if you want to be a third wheel.” He said with slight hostility in his voice.

“Woah. Chill, dude. I'm not trying to steal your girlfriend. I've got to go somewhere anyway. Bye.” He giggled and went away. You looked at the direction he went for sometime until you realized Jungkook had left you and started walking in the opposite direction.

“Yah, why so fast?” You funnily caught up to him.

He didn't reply.

“Yah.. ” You said again thinking that he didn't hear it the last time.

Not hearing a reply from him, you couldn't hold back a smile. Jungkook saw this from the corner of his eyes.

“What are you grinning about?”

“Nothing………I just didn't know you were the jealous type.”

Jungkook stopped in his tracks and turned towards you. “Ani, who told you I'm jealous?” He scoffed. “That too of Jimin hyung. I'm much better than him. What does he have that I don't? Plus I'm not telling you this because I'm jealous or anything but …..” He leaned in closer as if whispering a secret “he is not a good guy. He plays with girls' heart.”

You quickly straightened up “Who Jimin?”

“Yeah. He's a dangerous man.” Jungkook vigorously shook his head.

“That mochi?” You furrowed your eyes as if not believing him.

“M-Mochi? Oh you have a nickname for him? Whose girlfriend are you exactly? Why don't you go behind him? He's better right? Look he went in that direction.” He said pointing to the opposite direction.

You couldn't help but giggle. This was a side of Jungkook you have never seen. And to think that he would get jealous of Jimin.

You both walked some distance with you giggling and Jungkook trying to ignore you. You noticed an ice cream booth in the corner. You looked at Jungkook with joyful eyes.

He scoffed. He had finally got his chance. “Wae? You want it?” He looked at you teasingly.

You nodded your head continuously.

He pointed his hand at a familiar direction “Go ask your mochi man.”

“Jungkook-ah, don't do this. You know, you are my one and only boyfriend and I'll only look at you for the rest of my life. Now go buy me butterscotch pwease.”

Jungkook felt his heart racing. He knew he wasn't supposed to feel this. More over you only said it so that he would buy you icecream. He quickly walked away to the icecream booth so that wouldn't see his red face. After all it was dark.

But you had seen it. Clearly.