Chapter 28

Ever since this morning, Jungkook wasn't feeling well. Not that there was any problem to his physical self. He wished it was something that simple though.

He was drained out mentally and emotionally. He didn't close his eyes one bit the previous night.

Everything was fixed. Noona said she wanted to talk about some thing important. He knew all too well what important meant. They would meet, she would tell she wanted to break up with Jackson because she developed feelings for Jungkook and he would also confess his feelings for her and everything would end perfectly. Jieun would then break up with Jackson. And Jungkook…. He didn't even need to come back to you. He could just send a text saying he needed a break from you. He never needed to even bother seeing you again.

And why should he care about your feelings. That wasn't a part of his plan. You could brawl your eyes out crying every night, for all he cares. He shouldn't care. ‘I shouldn't care, I don't need to.’ He kept chanting this the entire night like it was something that he needed to learn by heart.

Moreover, you had Namjoon right? You would go to Namjoon as soon he left. You never did care for Jungkook anyway, right? Why should he care about you then? You both were just a small fling. It didn't matter much. It shouldn't.

Jungkook got up from his bed, his hair all ruffled. He went to grab some water. You were in the kitchen, already dressed and you seemed to be in a good mood.

You looked at him smiling, but your smile quickly faded when you saw his pathetic state.
“Why, are you sick?” you said keeping the back of your hand to his forehead.

‘I shouldn't care.’
Jungkook quickly pushed your hand away from his forehead. “I am fine.”

Luckily for him, you didn't notice him pushing your hand away.

“Okay. I made breakfast. Also I have to go somewhere. I'll only be back by evening.”

‘Evening? But I'll be gone by then….’ Jungkook thought for a moment. ‘But that'll be better, I guess.’

Jungkook looked at your smiling face for a second. He didn't know if he would ever be able to see it again like this.

“What?” you asked curiously when you noticed he was staring so long.

“Why are you so happy today?” He asked frankly.

“Why, you don't want me to be happy?” You pouted.

“Ani, I want you to be happy, always.” He said in a serious tone causing you to furrow your eyebrows in confusion.

“Okay then. I'll be leaving now. Take care.” You said picking up your handbag. You looked at him who was staring at you from across the room. A thought crossed your mind. You quickly ran upto him, placed a kiss on his cheek and left the apartment leaving behind a surprised Jungkook.
“Bye babe.” You had said before you left him.

*******
It was already 4 in the evening. He had to meet Jieun at 5. He took a shower and wore a light blue cotton shirt with black pants. He looked at his reflection in the mirror. He looked perfect. Now he had to feel it.

*******
4:30. He should be leaving the house now. But Jungkook was still sitting on the couch.
‘What am I doing? This is what I wanted, right? Why am I so confused then?’
He ruffled his neatly combed hair.

After all, it was too late now. Very late for everything. He started this, he should finish it.

He left the apartment taking one last look to remember every last detail.

*******
Jieun saw Jungkook coming in through the restaurant door. She noticed his ruffled hair and his hesitant actions. He did not have that smile that he usually did when he saw her. No sparks. No nothing.