Chapter 31

“Take your fucking hands off her, you bastard.” Jackson screamed at In Guk.

“J-Jackson. You don't understand. She w-wanted it first.” In Guk said letting you go and taking a step back.

Jackson with one swift movement punched him and kicked his balls. He was ready to hit him more but In Guk had run away already.

He turned towards you who was crouching on the floor.

“Y/N, are you okay? He didn't do anything to you, right?”

“Go away.” You said hiding your pathetic face in your hands. You were brawling your eyes out by crying and the last thing you wanted was for him to see your pathetic state.

“You must hate me.” You continued sobbing into your hands “Why did you save me? You should have just left me, right? I deserve this. Why are you being so nice?”

You were suddenly surrounded by a warm embrace.

“Y/N-ah, are you stupid? Why would I hate you? You did what you did for a reason. In fact I am glad you did that.”

You quickly broke the embrace and looked at him puzzled. “Hmm?”

“I am really happy about whatever happened. When I left you I was scared. You weren't shouting at me or yelling at me or anything. You weren't acting normal. I thought I broke you. I was always guilty of doing that to you.” Your sobbing had reduced a little as you listened to him.

“You were too perfect for always understanding and forgiving others. But being too perfect is harmful, Y/N. Sometimes you need to let everything out. Let others know how you feel. That's how you finally feel at peace. But when I left you, you seemed all too normal, acting like you didn't care about it much. Acting like you were fine with it. That was the worst thing you could do to yourself. But now I am glad that you did all this, because finally you have let all your frustration out. I am so happy for you.”

You considered what he said for a moment. He was right. You were no longer angry at him or anyone.

“Even if it might have gone a bit far, I don't think it actually harmed any of us. In fact it kinda helped us all, don't you think?” You looked at him confused.

“First of all, I realized I loved Jieun. Not as a rebound but I really loved her for what she was.”

You smiled. You didn't feel any kind of spite or any hurt when Jackson said this. You were officially over him.

“Also I realized she loves me back the same way.” He said. You looked at him curious.  He realized that after you had left the restaurant that day, you didn't know what had happened. So he narrated everything that happened to you. You now got a clearer picture of what had happened.

By the time he had told you everything that had happened at the restaurant that day, you were smiling. “I'm happy for you and Eonnie.”

He smiled back. He knew you meant it. He continued. “There was also another good thing that came out of it.”

“What?” You asked curious.

“Jungkook.”

Your smile faltered. Jungkook.
“I don't think that's a good thing, Jackson. It's something tragic.”

“Oh what do you mean, Y/N? That guy loves you. And I know you love him too.”

“You don't understand. Even if we love each other, he's never gonna see me the same way he did before. And every time I look at him all I will remember are the things I had done to hurt you, Jieun and him. Me and Jungkook were never meant to be. Besides, like always, it's too late for us now.” You said causing Jackson to furrow his eyebrows.