Chapter 3 - Blood Ties

3rd Person POV

"We've arrived in Leipzig, Germany, the most current location for Vandal Savage." Gideon says as the waverider lands. "And by the way, Captain, you are are urgently needed in the MedBay."

Rip and Stein run out of the room with Ray running after them.
After, Rip briefs the team on Kendra's condition.

"Pieces of the dagger have apparently broken off and are, as we speak, en route to her heart." Rip explains.

"Can't we just time jump into the future where they got the stuff that can fix her?" Jax asks.

"This ship is from that very same future and has, thus far, been unsuccessful in saving her." Rip says.

"Kendra wouldn't survive he time jump anyway." Snart says and Rip looks at him. "I pay attention."

"To sum up, Carter Hall is dead, he girlfriend's not too far behind, Vandal Savage is sitting pretty in 1975, which we're all stuck in." Rory says. "That how the plan supposed to work, Rip?"

"Obviously not, but the mission is simple. We stop Vandal Savage here in the past and we save the future." Rip says.

"Simple don't mean easy, Captain." Snart says.

"Oh, I never said it was. The benefit of being a Time Master is that the length and breadth of history gives one... perspective." Rip says. "I've seen darker days. I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall, and even then I accomplished my mission no matter what. Gideon, what is our status?"

"When the Waverider was attacked by Chronos, the Jumpship was damaged." Gideon says. "Unless you make repairs, we will be unable to..."

"Wait, Jumpship?" Jax asks.

"It's a small expeditionary vessel at the belly of the Waverider... you're a mechanic!" Rip realizes. "You have a look at it."

"Uh... auto mechanic. Uh... spaceship." Jax says, gesturing around to the waverider. "Okay, if you've got a set of wrenches, I'll see what I can do."

"What about the rest of us? Do we just sit?" Rory asks.

"Capital idea, Mr. Rory. You're not nearly as thick as most people say." Rip says.

"Thick... does that mean stupid?" Rory asks.

Sara goes to talk to Rip and when they're done they come back to the bridge with the beginnings of a plan.

"Gideon. Where's Savage's money now?" Rip asks.

"Dr. Boardman theorized that Savage entrusted it to the Bruemberg Group, the oldest bank in the world." Gideon says.

"I'll go tell the rest of the team." Sara says.

"That won't be necessary." Rip says, stopping her. "I'm going alone. I can't have any more blood on my hands."

"Except for your own? You can't go in there without backup." Sara says.

"Look, I brought you all with me under false pretenses. Carter would still be alive if I hadn't have convinced him to come." Rip says.

"No one's on this ship that doesn't want to be here." Sara says.

"But I can't risk the whole team." Rip says.

"Fine. Just me." Sara says. "And if it helps, I'm not giving you a choice. I'm going with you to that bank."

"Fine." Rip grumbles.

"Wait, I'm going too." Brooklyn says.

"No, Brooklyn." Rip says.

"Ray's taking care of Kendra in the medbay and Sara's going with you. I need someone to keep me in line and that won't happen if I'm allowed to wander around the ship by myself." Brooklyn says. "I'm going to that bank."