Chapter 5 - White Knights

3rd Person POV

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Rip asks as the waverider steadies.

"Walk in the park." Snart answers. "So where are we now?"

"Washington, D.C. The year is 1986." Rip says.

"We've landed at the height of the Cold War in a world poised for nuclear annihilation." Stein informs.

"We've traveled here because I have a new lead on Vandal Savage's location." Gideon says.

"Yes." Rip says. "Gideon managed to intercept this telefax concerning Savage's last known whereabouts."

"Tele-what?" Jax asks.

"It's like an email... on paper." Ray explains.

"Wow, that's totally useless." Rory says.

"Dude, this whole thing's crossed out." Jax says.

"Yeah, redacted by the U.S. government, which is why we are here to steal the original file on Savage back from those who are tracking him." Rip says.

"Uh, that's the..." Ray says as the waverider approaches the Pentagon.

"Now, now... Don't worry. We are cloaked." Rip says.

"You want us to break in to the Pentagon?" Rory asks. "Sounds awesome."

"It sounds crazy." Kendra says.

"What's the plan?" Sara asks.

"Oh, the Fabricator will fashion you the necessary Pentagon credentials." Rip says.

"Ooh, and don't forget our G-man disguises." Ray says excitedly. "I always wanted to be a spy."

***

"Now, the file we're after is kept in a secure records room. In order to gain access, we're going to need to, uh, borrow a magnetic key card." Rip says through the comms.

"Because this is so much easier than just shrinking down and stealing it." Ray says sarcastically.

"Let me show you how it's done... old school." Snart says through the comms.

"I still don't get why I couldn't go." Brooklyn says, walking over to the desk.

"Are you willing to take the hood off?" Rip asks. Brooklyn crosses her arms. "That's what I thought. And including the fact that you're also 19, no one would believe your cover."

"So I'm backup." Brooklyn puts together.

"Precisely." Rip says.

"Backup's boring." Brooklyn sighs, propping her head up on her hand on the desk.

"The records room has closed-circuit cameras." Rip says. Him and Brooklyn watch the cameras. "We need a diversion."

"Someone call my name?" Rory asks through the comms.

"We got the file." Sara says through the comms.

"Okay, now for the tricky part." Rip says. "All personnel are subject to search upon exiting the Pentagon. Firestorm will divert the power long enough for you to exit."

"All clear." FIRESTORM informs.

An alarm can be heard through FIRESTORM's comms.

"Uh-oh." Brooklyn says.

"We have a slight problem." Sara says through the comms.

"Where is that smoke coming from?" Rip asks. Him and Brooklyn watch the camera footage of Kendra beating people up. "We've got the file. What the hell does Kendra think she's doing?"