Chapter 14 - Night of the Hawk

3rd Person POV

Snart puts Betty down on the medical chair and Gideon analyzes. Brooklyn in the doorway, not going into the medbay0, shaking from the events of the night.

"She has suffered several severe lacerations." Gideon says. "I am attempting to cauterize the wound."

"What happened?" Stein asks.

"I don't know. But I'm guessing Jax and Peggy Sue had a pretty lousy first date." Snart says. "Where is Jefferson?" Stein asks.

"There was no sign of him in the car." Rip says. "Brooklyn!" Rip exclaims, looking over at the shaking girl. "What happened?"

"It...it was, there was--bird--Jax---man---so fast--police--" Brooklyn stutters and falls over her words.

"These wounds don't appear consistent with a knife." Stein says.

"Correct. I believe these lacerations were made by talons." Gideon says.

"It was Tommy." Betty breathes out.

"Tommy Fuller, one of the missing teenagers." Rip says.

"He was like a bird. He... he was like a bird monster." Betty says.

"Captain, analysis of Miss Seavers' blood reveals traces of silicate minerals." Gideon says.

"Miss Seavers, do you recall Tommy coming into contact with a meteor of some kind?" Rip asks. "The car crash... it was... it was glowing." Betty stutters out.

"She's talking about an Nth Metal meteorite." Stein says.

"Say something that makes sense." Snart says.

"It seems Mr. Fuller has come into contact with a meteorite with mutagenic properties." Stein says.

"Try again." Snart says.

"Apparently, Miss Seavers' boyfriend has been exposed to the same type of meteor that Kendra came into contact with." Rip says.

***

"Me?" Kendra asks after the rest of the team had been debriefed in Rip's office.

"Well, you and Carter. 4,000 years ago." Stein says. "The meteorite which gave you your powers appears to be of the same variety that mutated Tommy Fuller."

"And I'm guessing it's not curable." Snart says.

"Well, I-I suppose, if the talons which lacerated her left some mutagenic residue, I could--" Stein tries.

"Yes or no?" Snart says.

"Perhaps." Stein says.

"Why don't you get to work on that, Martin?" Rip suggests and Stein leaves the room.

"Okay, so if Savage isn't the one doing the killing, what is he doing in town?" Sara asks.

"Doesn't matter." Ray says, pulling out a dagger.

"We can take him down." Kendra says.

"The Amon Dagger." Rip says. "Where did you--"

"Savage's house." Ray says.

"All right, we need to proceed on two fronts: locate Jefferson and make an all-out assault on Savage." Rip says.

"A full-on attack only plays to Savage's strengths." Sara says. "If we want to get him..."

"We need to target his weaknesses." Brooklyn finishes.

"Sadly, very few come to mind." Rip says.