Chapter 7 - Picnic

After two days from Thor and Carol's arrival, Nick Fury came alongside with Goose. He pulled Danvers in huge hug and almost cried from happiness, that made Thor jealous and angrily grabbed his hammer. Fury was astonished with Carol's adventures and almost got crazy when she told him about wedding in Asgard.
-Wait, you are telling me that I will come in Asgard with Bifrost or how it is called, anyway and I will meet gods and goddesses?-asked he 3 times.
-Yes , Fury, you and Goose are coming-smiled Carol.
-And you are going to be Princess?
-Crown Princess-said Thor. I am heir to the throne and Crown Prince of Asgard, thus my wife will be future queen-Crown Princess.
-This means I will have to bow to her ?
-Oh , come on ,Fury. No bows and curtsies. I was your friend Carol,I am and I always will-she smiled ,gently touched Nick's hand and made Thor lot more jealous. He glared her angrily.
-Now about Picnic -Carol tried to avoid tension.
-What Picnic ?-asked Fury.
Next day Thor ,Carol, Monica ,Maria and Goose went on picnic with umbrellas, blankets , food and another necessary stuff. Maria's car was not enough, so they used Fury's as well. Monica chose beautiful field near the lake , with lots of flowers and fruit trees.
-This is awesome – clapped Carol.
-Yes it is-agreed Nick-I am sure we will have a great day.
-And night as well.
It was Maria's idea to stay at night in tents, fortunately she had them.

After half hour they all were sitting on blankets and eating delicious sandwiches.
-I like Midgardian food so much- said Thor.
-We are aware-laughed Carol-you are eating tenth one.
-Eleventh-Thor ate his sandwich with two bites and took another one.
-O my God-murmured Nick-I have never seen a man with such appetite.
-I bet you have never seen an Asgardian before-chuckled Thor-I am 1500 years old god and I guess it is not astounding at all ,that I eat more than you.
-What did you say ? 1500 years old ?- Maria's jaw dropped.
-Yes, Maria, my future husband is an old man, extremely old- giggled Carol.
-But still, he looks so hot.
-Maria !-Carol slightly kicked her elbow to her friend's arm.
-Sorry.
-It is okay Maria ,we all have to admit that Carol's fiancé is quite handsome and attractive-said Nick.
- Of course , I am -Thor flapped his hair.
-And obviously not humble at all-added Fury.
Everyone laughed .After eating ,Carol ,Monica and Maria began making flower crowns , while Thor and Nick decided to play with Goose.
-Hi, cat, you are cute-god of thunder caressed her .
-Goose is not a cat actually-said Fury.
-I know, Carol told me, but I prefer to call her that.
-You are so cute-said Thor again and began laughing , he liked Goose so much.
After half hour Carol approached them with beautiful flower crown in her hair.
Thor's face lit up.
-You look beautiful , my love-said he.
-Thanks-Carol set in front of him-So guys did you enjoy each other's company?
-Oh,yes . It is very good to have such amazing ,adorable ,funny and lovely partner-said god of thunder.
-Wow.Thanks,Thor—Nick smiled happily -I can say same about you.
-Emmm , I was just talking about Goose.
-O ,yes , me too-murmured Nick-I will go and eat some sandwich.
Carol and Thor tried not to laugh, but failed.
-I like midgardians so much-said god of thunder.
-Well ,I like Asgardians too-Carol sat on his lap and slid her hand in Thor's hair-especially one.
-I guess I already know ,who-god of thunder kissed her.
-Excuse me- Maria Rambeau cleared her throat -I understand you love each other too much, but we are here too.
Carol quickly stood up.
-I have one idea-giggled Monica-lets play hide and seek.
-Oh ,my god -Maria rolled her eyes- this game is for little ones.
-but, mom, it is funny.
-Do you have better ideas?
-No, but...
-Oh, come on, Maria, lets return in childhood-giggled Carol.
-Fine, fine-agreed Maria.
-I am not going to do that -Fury resisted – I am agent of S.H.I.E.L.D and I have to be more serious.
-We will not tell anyone-promised Carol.-It will be secret.
It took long time until Fury agreed to play hide and seek.
Game was so enjoyable and funny. Carol found brilliant places to hide and easily won. After one hour they tired and decided to eat.
Hot Dogs ,pizza and pancakes were extremely delicious . Undoubtedly, Maria Rambeau was awesome cooker. Carol was so happy, that everyone she loved and adored was here. Sun was shining and they were eating the most yummy food in the world ,prepared by her best friend.

Carol thought that this day was perfect and could not imagine how was going to be better, but somehow ,picnic became more enjoyable.

After eating , they picked fruits from trees, played badminton, swam in the lake ,sang funny songs and took beautiful pictures.

Time passed so quickly and night stars appeared on the sky. They all wrapped in blankets and sat on the field. Goose set on Carol's lap.
-Uncle Thor -said Monica-Can you tell us some stories and adventures of you? About dragons, goliaths and other mythological things.
-With great pleasure -said Thor and began.

His stories were such an interesting that everyone was listening carefully. Some of his stories were funny, some of them- scary. After he finished, Maria and Nick began preparing tents, Carol helped them.
Monica and Thor were playing with Goose. Suddenly, Monica stood up and walked towards the lake. god of thunder noticed that her mood changed from funny to sad, but did not understand why. He approached her and gently put his hand on her shoulder.
-Little one,are you okay ?
-Yeah , I am good , I was just looking at stars.
-I can see sadness in your eyes,tell me,what happens.
-You know,uncle Thor, I have never had father. I do not know how does it feel to have dad, who cares for you, I was frequently bullied in school, but I did not have father to tell him. I have no one to celebrate father's day with and today, when you played and sang with me , told me interesting stories ,etc. I felt very safe and happy and thought that I would often feel same if I had dad-drop of tear streamed on her cheek.

Thor had concern in her eyes, He patted on her shoulder and said:

-Well, little one , life is very unfair sometimes, but you have to stay strong and believe in yourself . I understand it is hard to live without father, but try to think about positive sides of your life. You are very smart, beautiful , kind and brave girl with great future. You have wonderful mother, who loves you more than everyone , you have the best aunt ever, who also adores you and now you have me. I will protect you from any danger and tell your bullies ,whoever they will
be that your uncle is mighty Thor and whoever dares to touch you will get my hammer in head.

Monica slightly laughed.

-That's better-smiled Thor and hugged her.
-Hey,you two,come here ,time to sleep-shouted Maria.
-We are coming, mom.

Carol and Thor were laid in tent. Danvers had her head rested on his chest and Thor had his arm around her.
-Carol!
-What?
-How sweet child Monica is.
-Yes,she is adorable ,I love her so much.
-Today I realized that I want to be a father, what if we have a child?
-Child? -smiled Carol-that will be amazing.
-I am sure we will be good parents.
-Yeah,me too.
Thor and Carol fell  asleep with dreams about their future child.