ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 3: 𝔾𝕦𝕥𝕤

"Hey, are you two alive in there?"  Rick immediately got up, banging his head on the ceiling of the tank before rushing over to the radio. "Hello? Hello?" "

"Are you ok?" Keeley asked him as he rubbed his head, nodding as a response. There was a sigh of relief, "There you are. You had me wondering," The voice said. 

"Where are you? Outside? Can you see us right now?" Rick asked.  "Yeah, I can see you. You're surrounded by geeks. That's the bad news," The man said.

  "There's good news?" Rick asked.  "No," The man said simply. "Wow, he's so optimistic," Keeley said sarcastically.

"Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you . . . we're a little concerned in here," Rick said, ignoring her remark.  

"Oh, man. You should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freak-out," The man said.  "Got any advice for us?" Rick asked.  "Yeah, I'd say make a run for it," The man said.

Really? Make a run for it?

"That's it? 'Make a run for it?" Rick asked in disbelief.

  "My way's not as dumb as it sounds. You've got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down. With me so far?" The man asked. 

"So far," Rick said.  "Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance. Got ammo?" The man asked. "In that duffel bag I dropped out there, and guns. Can I get to it?"

"Forget the bag, okay? It's not an option. What do you have on you?" The man asked.  "Hang on," Rick said and he handed Keeley the radio. He placed his gun on the floor once he checked it for ammo.

Rick rushed towards the dead soldier, looking through all his pockets before finding a knife and reaching for a grenade on the shelf beside him. Keeley handed Rick the radio back, "I've got a Beretta with one clip, 15 rounds, and a small knife."

"Make 'em count. Jump off the right side of the tank, keep going in that direction. There's an alley up the street, maybe 50 yards. Be there," The man ordered.  "Hey, what's your name?" Rick asked. 

"Have you been listening? You're running out of time," The man said.

Rick handed Keeley the knife and nodded at her after grabbing a small shovel off of the wall. Rick advised her to be ready for the signal. It was a couple of minutes until Rick gave the signal.

"Now!"

Keeley pushed the latch open and Rick went out. Keeley could hear him slam the shovel against something before he turned back to help her out. Once out of the tank, Rick pushed Keeley in front of him and they both jumped down and made a beeline for the alley that the man said to meet him at.

Every time a walker got too close to them, Rick put a bullet in their head.

The two finally reached the corner of the alley when they saw someone with a baseball cap and Rick pointed his gun at him as he pushed Keeley behind him.

"Whoa! Not Dead! Come on, come on! Back here!" The Asian guy said, waving for them to follow. Rick lowered his gun quickly and pushed Keeley in front of him as they followed him, while he continued to shoot a few walkers behind them as they ran down the alley until the Asian guy started climbing up a ladder and Keeley followed.

"What are you doing?! Come on!" The Asian guy yelled to Rick, who was standing at the bottom of the ladder but then proceeded to climb. 

As they reached the top, the Asian guy helped Keeley up, and then Rick, they all stood, looking down at the walkers below in the alley, catching their breath.