ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘: 𝕊𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕃𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori sat on the bed with Carl while holding Keeley's hand, while Rick sat in the chair telling a story about Shane and a prank he pulled when he was in high school.

"What you said before, you're right. Shane's gonna make it back with what the doctor needs. He'll make it back." Without looking at him, Lori kept her eyes on Carl and then Keeley switching her gaze every 10 seconds. "Hershel said you need to eat."

"Keeley's gonna be all right." Lori finally looked at Rick with tear-filled eyes. "Please, for me. You've got to keep your strength up." Rick grabbed the sandwich that was left for him on the nightstand and began eating, figuring it would calm his wife. By just a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glenn and T-Dog finally made it to the Greene Family farmhouse.

"So do we ring the bell?" Glenn asked nervously about overstepping boundaries. "I mean it looks like people live here." T-Dog gave him a look. "We're past this kind of stuff. Aren't we? Having to be considerate." He said as they both walked up the front stairs.

"Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?" Maggie asked from her chair on the porch. "Uh, hi," Glenn said nervously. "Yes, we closed it. Did the latch and everything." She sat forward and her chair.

"Hello. Nice to see you again." He said shyly. "We uh, met before briefly."

"Look, we came to help. There anything we can do?" Maggie got up and started walking towards them when she noticed the wound on T-Dog's arm. " It's not a bite. I cut myself pretty bad though."

"We'll have it looked at. I'll tell them you're here." Glenn took out the bag full of Merle's "medicine".

"We have some painkillers and antibiotics. I already gave him some. If Keeley needs any."

Maggie opened the door, "Come on inside. I'll make you something to eat."

Rick, Lori, Carl, and Patricia were all watching Hershel check Keeley's blood pressure again when the others came in. Glenn took his hat off in respect. Breaking the uncomfortable silence he spoke. "Hey."

"Hey."

"Um, we're here, okay?"

Lori replied for Rick. "Thank you."

"Whatever you need." Rick put his head in his hands as Glenn, Maggie, and T-Dog walked out of the room.

"If they don't get back soon, we're gonna have a decision to make," Hershel informed them.

"And that is?" Rick asked. "Whether to operate on her without the respirator," Hershel explained. "You said that wouldn't work," Lori said. "I know," Hershel confirmed. "It's extremely unlikely. But we can't wait much longer." Lori got up and walked away, trying to get away from the conversation. Rick got up and followed her.