ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝: 𝕍𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕤

It was a couple of hours after Keeley clearly beat Carl back to camp and now she was sitting with Lori and Carol sewing up clothes.

"Where did you two learn to do that?" Morales asked, catching her attention, and looked up to see what he was looking at and boy was she and everyone else surprised.

"Our dad." Amy smiled, looking at Andrea with joy in both of their eyes as they held up a large amount of fish in their hands. "Can you teach me how to do that?" Carl asked, seeming to be more interested in catching fish than frogs. "Sure. I'll teach you all about nail knots and stuff." Amy snickered before looking at Lori. "If that's okay."

"You won't catch me arguing." She claimed with a happy grin.

"I don't want to alarm anyone, but we may have a bit of a problem," Dale said quietly, and Keeley didn't like the tone of his voice.

After Dale explained to Shane and all of them what was going on, they followed him to where Jim was digging holes into the ground.

"Hey, Jim." Shane let out. "Jim, why don't you hold up, all right? Just give me a second here, please."

Sighing, Jim stopped digging and looked at Shane and the rest of the group. "What do you want?" He asked, clenching the shovel tightly. "We're all just a little concerned, that's all," Shane said, placing his hands on his waistband. "Dale says you've been out here for hours."

Shrugging, he asked. "So?"

"So why are you digging?" Shane asked softly, unsure of what to do. "Are you heading to China, Jim?" He joked.

"What does it matter?" He scoffed, not finding him funny for a single moment. "I'm not hurting anyone."

"Yeah, except maybe yourself." Dale chimed in. "It's 100 degrees today; you can't keep this up."

"Sure I can." He said, tightening his grip on the shovel. "Watch me."

"Jim, they're not gonna say it so I will." Lori pushed through to the front of the group just so he could look at her while she spoke to him. "You're scaring people. You're scaring my kids,Carol's daughter and Morales kids."

Kids. Lori called Keeley one of her kids. The girl felt warm at the gesture and wanted to smile but didn't due to the fact of the situation that was happening.

"They got nothing to be scared of. I mean, what the hell, people!?" He said, almost sounding angry with them all gathering in front of him. "I'm out here by myself. Why don't you all just go and leave me the hell alone?"

"We think that you need to take a break, okay?" Shane said calmly, taking a small step forward. "Why don't you go and get yourself in the shade? Some food maybe. I'll tell you what may be in a little bit I'll come out here and help you myself." Jim didn't respond, he just stood there with a tight grip on the shovel, turning his knuckles whiter than his already pale skin.

"Jim, just tell me what it's about." All he did was shove the shovel back into the ground, and Shane stepped forward even closer. "Why don't you just go ahead and give me that shovel?"

"Or what?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.

"There is no or what." Shane scoffed, Keeley stepped back a little, she knew where this conversation was going and she knew how it was going to end. "I'm asking you. I'm coming to you and I'm asking you, please. I don't want to have to take it from you."