ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟠: 𝕀 𝔸𝕚𝕟'𝕥 𝕒 𝕁𝕦𝕕𝕒𝕤

Everyone was on high alert since The Governor's attack yesterday. Daryl had decided to come back and he brought Merle with him.

Keeley was sitting on the stairs while Hershel checked her stitches from when he pulled the bullet out.

"What if there's another sniper? A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds." Maggie announced.

"We can't even go outside." Beth retorted.

"Not in the daylight, " Carol added. She's been a light shaken up since getting Axel's blood all over her face.

"Rick says we're not running, we're not running." Glenn declared.

From the door, Merle spoke. "No, better to live like rats."

"Why is he even here?" Keeley groaned out.

"You got a better idea?" Rick asked him, keeping a hand on his holster.

"Yeah, we should've slid out of here last night and lived to fight another day. But we lost that window, didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now." Merle told.

"We ain't scared of that prick," Daryl said as he walked along the second floor.

"Yall should be. That truck through the fence thing, that's him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers. And if he takes the high ground around this place, shoot, he could starve us out if he wanted to."

"Why are we even listening to this bullshit?" Keeley spit out.

"Because you know I'm right sweetheart." He said giving an ugly smirk, looking her up and down.

"Pedazo de mierda..."

"Let's put him in the other cell block," Maggie suggested.

"No, He's got a point," Daryl said.

"This is all you. You started this." Maggie screamed at him.

"What difference whose fault it is? What do we do?" Beth asked. "I said we should leave." Hershel proposed again. "Now Axel's dead. We can't just sit here."

Rick started walking away, without acknowledging Hershel, and that pissed the one-legged man off.

"Get back here!" He yelled after him, getting up from his seat next to Keeley. In the past months that she spent with Hersh, she had never heard him raise his voice. Not once. Keeley was shocked and had to look at Beth real quick to see if she heard what the brunette heard.

Rick walked away, doing his own thing not only pissing Hershel off, but it pissed Keeley off too.

Hersh hobbled his way towards Rick, leaving everyone in silence.

"You're slipping Rick. We've all seen it. We understand why. But now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that. I put my family's life in your hands. So get your head clear and do something."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keeley found her dad in the fenced-in room, looking out of his binoculars for those men who attacked them.

She needed to talk to him about the day before, needed to tell him what Hershel told her, that she has an undiagnosed case of PTSD.

"You shouldn't be out here." Dad started.

"Well, what are you gonna do? Arrest me?" Keeley half-joked before taking a deep breath and clearing her throat. "We need to talk."