ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠: 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕃𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝔸𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕

It's been two days since the CDC exploded and the group decided that they should start heading towards Fort Benning, hoping there was something left.

Keeley sat in the back of Carol's car with, Sophia and Carl, while Rick and Lori were in the front. They were following Dale and the others in his RV while Daryl was up ahead on his motorcycle, scouting the way for them.

Lately, Keeley found herself touching her mother's necklace that hung around her neck, wishing that she could've had more time with her. Thinking back to every little argument she had with her about her never being home, basically abandoning them, and Keeley wished she could take it all back.

But unfortunately, she'll never have that chance.

Hopefully, her brother was still alive out there, and then she'll have a piece of her family back.

Lori laughing from the front gained Keeley's attention. "I was just thinking about our trip to the Grand Canyon with Carl." Rick and Lori shared a laugh while Carl was looking confused next to Keeley

"I don't remember that."

"No you wouldn't, you were only just a baby. Besides, we never made it past Fort Worth."

Wow, Carl had been to more places than me, I've never left King's Country, let alone Georgia.

"No, you got sick. I never knew a baby could throw up so much, " Rick laughed out.

"Ick."

"Yeah ick. The doctor in Texas said you'll live. Then we turned around and drove home." Lori said as she smiled. "That sucks."

"No, it was a good trip." Rick and Lori locked eyes, "The best."

"Can we go see it? The Grand Canyon?" Carl asked. "I'd like to. And maybe Keeley could come with us." The brunette smiled down at him. "I would like to come too," Sophia added. "Can we go?"

"We'd never do without you and your mom," Rick said while keeping his eyes on the road. "That's a promise."

They enjoyed the quiet until the RV started making noises up ahead.

"I said it. Didn't I say it?" Dale said frustrated while the others got out of their cars and onto the highway with rundown cars. "A thousand times, dead in the water."

Problem, Dale?" Shane asked.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of—" But he stopped talking when he took in his surroundings. "Okay, that was dumb."

"If you can't find a radiator hose here," Shane said walking in front of the others.

"There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find," Daryl added, already digging through a trunk of luggage and supplies in a car next to them.

"We can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start, " T-Dog said. "Maybe some water. Or food."

Food...

She was pretty hungry, she hadn't had anything to eat since this morning except a piece of stale bread.

"This is a graveyard," Lori said speaking up. Everyone stopped and looked at her. "I don't know how I feel about this."

Keeley somewhat agreed with Lori, but on the other hand, they were in dire need of supplies.

"Come on, y'all. Just look around, gather what you can," Shane ordered. Carl, Sophia, Carol, Lori, and Keeley started looking around for something that might be of use to them, and Keeley ventured off but not too far away to a point where she could still hear Lori.