ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟚: 𝕊𝕒𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕

The baby's cries echoed throughout the courtyard as Keeley tried to calm herself down.

"Rick? Rick you with me?" Daryl asked as he waved his hand in front of his face.

"Let me see the baby, " Hershel said. Keeley didn't move, she didn't want to move so Carl gently took the baby out of her arms and made his way towards Hershel.

"What are we gonna feed it?" Daryl asked him. "We got anything a baby can eat?"

Hershel examined the baby carefully, "The good news is she looks healthy. But she needs formula. And soon or she won't survive."

"Nope. No way. Not her." Daryl said as he shook his head and slung his crossbow on his back. "We ain't losing nobody else. I'm going for a run."

"I'll back you up, " Maggie told him. "I'll go, too," Glenn added

"Okay, think where we're going." He told him.

Keeley broke out of her trance when she realized what Daryl had said. "Who else did we lose?" She said quietly.

"We lost Carol and T, "Beth told her.

Keeley couldn't control her breathing, it felt like she was getting kicked repeatedly in the stomach.

First, Mom, now Carol and T-Dog.

"I-I need a minute, I'll be back," Keeley said as she couldn't catch her breath. She started walking away when Daryl pulled Beth to the side.

Keeley couldn't stand there while everyone looked at her like she was going to break. She needed to be alone.

Keeley went back inside the cell block and wandered the halls until she found herself in a bathroom.

She turned on the water as Keeley tried to scrub the dried blood off her hands but as the blood went down the drain, she kept seeing her hands going inside Lori's lifeless body and pulling the baby out. Keeley could still hear her screaming in pain.

Keeley started crying again, it seemed to be the only thing that was helping her. She cried for Lori. Cried for Carol and T-Dog. But mostly, she cried for herself.

Crying because she is the reason Lori was screaming in pain and is the reason that Carl had to watch his mother die in front of him.

Keeley was crying because she was bad luck. Everyone that she ever loved just kept dying.
The crying stopped, but the tears never stopped coming down.

That's when the screaming began.

She didn't care if the walkers could hear her. She just didn't care anymore. Keeley started crying out, cursing God if he was ever there why would he do something like this.

Was he punishing her for surviving the car crash? Or the gunshot? Was this God's cruel way of telling Keeley she shouldn't be alive so now he's taking everyone Keeley has ever cared about in retaliation?

She punched the mirror out of anger, not stopping until the blood on her hands was actually hers this time.

Keeley slid down against a stall as she silently sobbed into her arms, crying until she didn't even notice Beth was standing in front of her, calling her name.

"Keeley? Keeley, it's okay." Beth slid down right next to her and rubbed her back softly telling Keeley to let it out.

"Why does this happen to me?!" Keeley cried out. "Why does every I ever love die? Am I a curse?"

Beth held the brunette tight as she continued sobbing, "She was my mom Beth and she's gone and it's my fault

Beth held the brunette tight as she continued sobbing, "She was my mom Beth and she's gone and it's my fault..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After her breakdown, Beth took Keeley to Hershel so he could wrap up her hand.

He told them that Glenn went after Rick, who had disappeared into the tunnels after Keeley had left. Maggie and Daryl had gone on a run for some baby formula, clothes, and diapers.

It's good that they did because the only piece of clothing that was covering the baby was Carl's shirt.

When Keeley walked into Carl's cell, he was sitting on the bunk cradling the baby and staring at her hoping she wouldn't disappear like his mother.

She sat next to him and they both didn't say anything. The siblings sat in silence.

"I'm sorry for what I said the other day. I didn't mean it." He said, speaking for the first time.

"It's okay, you were mad at the time. You didn't mean it."

He looked up at her, "She was your mother as much as she was mine. I never should've said what I said."

Keeley kissed him on the forehead as she held her arms open. "Let me hold her. I want to do it properly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The remaining survivors of the group were sitting in the dining area waiting for Maggie and Daryl to come back. Keeley still had the baby in her arms while Carl and Beth sat on either side of her. They heard the door creak open and figured they were back already.

The baby woke up as Daryl approached them.

"How's she doing?" He asked. Carl shrugged his shoulders while Keeley answered, "She's just hungry."

"Let me hold her," Daryl said as he gently took the baby out of Keeley's arms and started shushing her.

Glenn and the prisoners came in as Beth handed Daryl a bottle.

She began to calm down as Daryl rocked her in his arms. "Come on. Come on."

They all stared at the man with admiration, never really seeing this side of him before

"She got a name yet?" Daryl asked Keeley.

"Not yet. Carl was thinking maybe Sofia. Then there's Carol, too. And... Andrea. Amy. Jacqui. Patricia. Or..."

"Lori," Carl said finishing for her. "We don't know.

Keeley joined Carl as he leaned against the wall as Daryl fed the baby. "Yeah... You like that? Huh?"

"Little ass-kicker." He started smiling as he looked around. "Right? That's a good name, right."

"We are not calling her "Little ass-kicker," Keeley said smiling a little.

"Well her face would agree with me, right Little ass-kicker? You like that huh? You like that sweetheart?"

It felt nice just standing there watching the baby. Keeley just wished everyone was here with them enjoying this sweet moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~