Stars

Alexander had gotten Thomas to pick him up the next morning.

"Hey, babe." Thomas said as Alex got in his car.

Thomas had a secret.

He was only with Alex to make James jealous.

He didn't really care about Alex. He just wanted to date James and Alex was his first step to having James to himself.

Alex smiled brightly. "Good morning." He chirped happily. He wondered if he could always ride with Thomas since they were, you know, dating.

Thomas started to drive off to a house.

"Where are we?" Alex asked as James came out of the house.

"I take Jimmy to school in the morning." He shrugged, not really caring for conversation.

Thomas smiled brightly to James as he got in the car. "Good morning." He smiled.

"Good morning." James mumbled, sighing a bit as he sat in the back.

Thomas frowned a bit. "What's wrong?"

James just shrugged and looked out the window.

Thomas kept a frown on his face as he drove, placing a hand on Alexander's thigh and rubbing it.

They arrived at the school soon. Alex decided to sit by Thomas's friends, even if he hadn't been a fan of them in the past.

Thomas and Alex got out of the car, holding hands. James followed behind, frowning a bit.

When they sat, Thomas pulled Alex on his lap, kissing at his neck. He was watching James as he did.

James saw and got upset, sighing sadly.

Alexander just laughed a bit.

Later at lunch, Alex sat at his normal lunch table with Hercules and Lafayette.

"Where's John?" Alexander asked. He didn't bother asking after John texted him last night.

Lafayette just sighed and frowned. "He's sick." He lied.

Alexander furrowed his eyebrows but nodded. "Okay... he just seemed fine yesterday." He shrugged, eating a French fry.

Lafayette just huffed. "He's just sick. One of those colds, you know." He muttered.

Alexander put his hands up defensively. "Gee, Alright. I was just saying." He said before Thomas sat in the seat next to Alexander.

"Hey, babe. Why don't you come eat lunch at my table today." Thomas smirked, rubbing Alexander's thigh.

Alex giggled a bit and nodded.

They both stood up, Alex walking behind Thomas, leaving his friends.

But before Alex could get too far, Lafayette grabbed his hand.

"You're an idiot." His thick accent spoke, a frown curling upon his lips.

Alexander furrowed his eyebrows as Lafayette walked away. He just shook his head and carried on, sitting at the table of imbeciles he used to despise.

———
This is Friday around noon. John still hasn't been to school since Alex started dating Thomas.

John lay in his bed, staring up at the old glow in the dark stars he had stuck to the ceiling.

They didn't glow very well anymore, though John still enjoyed to look at them.

It made him happy.

When he observed the stars, his mind always wondered off to places.

It was like an escape.

He thought about a worlds only he could dream about.

He imagined places where everything was easy and he was loved.

John sighed and rolled over, watching the clock on his wall.

Tic Toc

He hasn't texted me once

Tic Toc

He doesn't care about me

Tic Toc

He hurts me

Tic Toc

But for some reason

Tic Toc

I still love him.

John started to tear up again. He shook his head, sitting up.

I need this

He thought as he walked to the kitchen, opening the liquor cabinet. He grabbed a bottle of Sam Adams, carrying it to his room and shut the door, locking it.

He leaned against the door, sliding down it.

"Fuck you..." He mumbled to himself before chugging the bottle.

He knew he couldn't handle too much alcohol because of his small size though right then, he didn't care.

He just wanted to escape.