Forgiveness

This is two chapters in one because I didn't wanna post a really short chapter =)

John walked to Alexander's dorm and knocked on the door before Alex opened it, hugging John immediately.

"I'm so, so sorry." He mumbled into John's shoulder. John hugged Alexander back.

"It's okay. Let's just talk, Alright?" He suggested, kissing Alexander's head.

Alexander nodded and pulled John in the room, closing the door with his foot. He brought John to the bed and sat cross cross, John following.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you but I really do have work, baby." Alex started.

John nodded. "I know... I just can't afford to keep coming down here, especially if you're busy." He frowned.

Alexander nodded. "I know. So why don't you get a job, okay? You can work and get money. I'll stay here but we will make it so we call at least once a week, okay?" He suggested.

John nodded. "Okay, but you have to text me too. You can't keep leaving me on read." He told.

Alex nodded. "Okay, okay." He said. "I love you. I know I haven't been telling you that much but I really do. You're my favorite person, John." He said, grabbing his hand.

John smiled and nodded. "I love you too. And same for you. That's why I still want to be here even if you're working. Cause you are one of the only people I have left and you make me happy." He replied.

Alex smiled and wrapped his arms around John, kissing his head multiple times. "I won't work for the rest of the weekend, Alright? I'll spend it all with you."

John nodded and kissed Alexander softly. "God, I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." Alex hummed.

———
Two weeks later, November 12th

John had gotten a job at a local coffee shop. He worked six days a week, his off day being Tuesday, which would be the day him and Alex would call.

It was Tuesday so John got on his laptop and FaceTimed Alexander, hugging his pillow.

Alex answered after the first couple of rings, sitting on his bed. "I was just about to call you." He grinned.

"I miss you." John mumbled, smiling a bit.

Alex laughed a bit. "I miss you too. How's school?" He asked

John smiled brightly. "Actually, I have some very exciting news about school." He hummed, Alex raising an eyebrow I'm response.

"So, once a year in mid December, the school has this showcase type thing where ten students are selected to show their designs or art. They get to choose what they do. It can be anywhere from graphic design to pencil and paper. Well, a freshman hasn't been invited to do it in 8 years and a freshman hasn't won in 16 years." John explained, doing a bit of a happy dance as he pulled out a piece of paper. "And I got invited!" He cheered.

Alexander smiled brightly. "Aww, Jack! I'm so proud of you!" He said. "I wish I could just hug you and shower you in kisses right now!" He laughed.

John nodded. "Well, the showcase is December 14th from five until eight. I was hoping that maybe you, Lafayette, and Hercules could come up to it." He suggested nervously.

Alex nodded. "Duh! Why wouldn't we want to see you present your art! You're so talented, baby, and I'm so, so proud of you." He hummed.

John smiled and nodded. "Thank you." He replied.

"How's school for you?" John asked now, holding his pillow a bit tighter.

Alex gave a sigh. "Busy." Was all Alexander said.

Then the screen froze. John frowned and tried to fix it but it wasn't working. His laptop always did this. It was old and barely even function-able anymore.

"Hold on, it froze again." John mumbled before hooking the FaceTime to his phone and shutting his laptop.

John frowned. "Now..." he mumbled. "I'm sorry, love. I hope it calms down." He hummed

Alexander nodded. "I want to hold you so bad." He mumbled.

John smiled. "I want to be in your arms so bad. So, so bad. I love you." He reminded.

"I love you too."