College

Over the course of a couple months, John had started to do a lot better.

Of course, he would still have random nights where he would cry himself to sleep but it wasn't every night like before.

Martha was still just as clingy, though she also was talking more and not crying as much, and the boys were talking again, so it seemed everyone was doing better.

Except for big Henry.

He had been a lot... angrier lately and had been yelling more than before.

This prevented John from telling him where he was going to college at.

He knew that would strike up a lot of yelling.

Tonight, though, John was crying in his room.

He was worried about what he was going to do.

He was worried about leaving here right after his mothers death.

He was just... scared.

John called Alex and asked him to come over.

The two did start sleeping together again after John had picked himself up a bit though tonight, John didn't want sex.

He wanted to just talk.

Alex arrived and hugged John.

He had started to get feelings for John now. He didn't know why it took him so long to start to admire the freckled boy but he did now and that was what mattered.

John snuggled into Alexander's chest, letting out light sobs. "I don't know what to do..." he whispered.

Alexander kisses his head repeatedly. "About what, Jack?" He asked, keeping the boy close.

John sat up a bit and wiped his eyes.

"College. I mean, it hasn't been that long since Ma died and I don't think it's right for me to go to Rhode Island this so-" John started to explain before Alex cut him off.

"Rhode Island? Aren't you going to Kings?" Alexander asked, confused.

John bit his lip harshly and avoided eye contact with Alex.

"We-Well I applied to the Rhode Island School Of Design when you and Thomas were together and they accepted me... Mom told me to go there and chase my dreams." John explained, feeling pretty guilty for it.

"Oh..." Alex mumbled, looking down. He was just upset he wouldn't have college with his best friend and new crush.

"Well... I'm proud of you. You should chase your dreams. And I'm sure everything will be okay here. Don't worry too much about it." Alex said, looked up and taking both of John's hands in his.

"You've earned it."