12

THE PRIDE OF A MALFOY

I think I'm now on the verge of drowning myself at the lake

I think I'm now on the verge of drowning myself at the lake. Seriously though! What has gotten into me?! Why on earth did I mentioned my grandparents to Granger?

Maybe it's because of the flowers. Damn, I always get a flash of nostalgia whenever I see daffodils. But I don't know — there's something about her that makes me think about my Grandmother. Wait — well of course, maybe it's because of her name.

Shaking those thoughts out of my head, I gazed at Granger who was looking around, literally. We've been walking around for nearly three hours now and that bloody flag is still nowhere to be seen.

"Maybe our other team mates have already caught it," I said making Granger to stop at her tracks and look at me, "Maybe," she said, "But the Troop Commander would've announced it," she informed, as she pointed out a speaker attached to a tree.

I huffed in frustration. Of course.

"Again Malfoy, stop being a baby." She muttered as she carried on walking. I rolled my eyes with that and followed her from behind, "Let's see who's going to surrender first," I challenged as I walked faster, keeping my pace along with her. Now we're walking side by side with each other.

"Oh please," she said, waving her hand, "You'll be the first one," she snorted. I glared at her, "Oh really," I retorted, "yes really," she countered, glaring her stormy grey eyes at me. "Might as well run to your Mummy, Malfoy."

I stopped with that, "Don't have one," I said casually before continued to walk. Now she's the one who stopped walking.

"You don't have a mother?" she asked, walking beside me. I just simply nodded. I don't like talking about my Mum.

"Sorry for your loss," she said quietly making me raise a brow at her in amusement, I snorted, "She's not dead Granger," I said, "well, I think she isn't. Father doesn't talk about it much, what I just knew is that they were separated because of a —"