16

INNER BOOKWORM

"Done already with your chore??" Zach asked in bewilderment as he saw me and Malfoy walking towards them

"Done already with your chore??" Zach asked in bewilderment as he saw me and Malfoy walking towards them. I could only afford a smirk and I doubt Malfoy didn't do the same.

"Already taken care of." Malfoy said smugly.

Lyra eyed me weirdly causing myself to chuckle. I knew that look.

"You sly witch." she said, narrowing her eyes at me. I only gave her an innocent look. "So how far are you two now?" I asked.

"We just need to move these tables and now we're done." Zach answered as he wiped the beads of sweats on his forehead, "I swear, muggle work is tiring."

"Tell me about it." Malfoy snickered making me raise a brow at him. He only gave me a knowing shrug and I rolled my eyes.

At least me and him aren't bickering like cats and dogs, well, yet.

An hour passed by and the campers went back towards the main cottage for lunch. We met the rest of our team members back at out table and Kathlyn filled us up about the task we just missed.

Fortunately for us, we had skipped the part where they're covered in stones and muds.

Lyra wrinkled her nose, "Okay, tell me again why all of you look like . . ."

". . . shit." Malfoy cut off.

I just hid a snicker with that.

Mark shook his head and sighed, "Please don't ask." he said.

"No." I said, snickering, "I'd love to hear what task you guys are up to, but of-course I would more likely love to hear that our team's running in first place?"

Monica faced me, a knowing smile crept on her face, "Of course Cassie." she replied. "Our team is running for first place."

"With you four absent in the task, we have to do some extra efforts." Kathlyn piped in.

"And I swear, it's bloody exhausting!" Troy sighed.

"Pray tell us what the bloody task is?" Malfoy questioned.