40

THE SNAKE IN A LION'S DEN

"Oh it was raining

"Oh it was raining." Hermione stated as she realized the pavements were wet. She and Scorp just apparated infront of the Potter's house.

"Does that mean our game's cancelled? Can we go back home now?" Scorp said with hopeful eyes.

Hermione laughed at her son just as the door opened.

Harry Potter smiled as his green eyes landed at the mother and son at his doorsteps.

"Hey Harry," Hermione greeted as she gave him a warm hug. "Hey 'mione," Harry said as his eyes darted towards Scorp, "Hey Scorp, you're right on time. The game's about to start." he said as he led the two inside.

Scorpius let out a forced smile, "Good to be here."

Hermione raised a brow at him as Harry — who has no clue on Scorp's discomfort — chuckled, "So who's already here?" she asked, "All the kids are right outside with Ron. Ginny already went to Diagon Alley she says she's gonna meet you there." Harry stated.

"Alright," Hermione replied, "Listen, I'm gonna get some extra broomsticks, I'll meet you outside alright Scorp?" Harry said as the platinum blonde boy nodded. As soon as he was out of sight, Scorp let out a groan as his mother chuckled at him.

"Come on, don't be dramatic. It's just a game, I'm sure you can beat them." Hermione smirked making Scorp to chuckle, "Thanks for the pep talk Mum, but I'm pretty sure they'll do anything to knock me out of my broom."

"So the Gryffindor-Slytherin house rivalry hasn't changed huh."

Scorp smirked, "Oh you have no idea."

Hermione shook her head remembering a Slytherin prince she once knew back during her Hogwarts years. It doesn't surprise her seeing Scorpius this way knowing who his father was.

"Like Father, like son." Hermione muttered. She then smiled at caressed her son's cheek, "You'll be fine. Your Uncles are here."

"That's not really reassuring."