1

Annabella Valor~~

I walk to one of the empty seats near the back of the class. Michael, one of the boys who surely deserves to be here, chuckles and soon after Principal Wilson shushes him. I plop down making the desk screech across the floor, earning yet another chuckle from his friend. For the next five minutes I stare as the red hand turns around the white face of the clock. It taunts me as time moves slowly making detention feel even longer. Before I thought this extra hour at school could become any worse, Andrea walks in. 

She stands tall with tan skin and dark hair that lies just past her shoulders. A leather jacket draped over her and black sunglasses low on the bridge of her nose. Now I'm not one to talk shit but in this case I will, shes a snob at heart with a large family consisting of seven attractive brothers. 

"Why are you late?" Principal Wilson asks. "I had business to take care of," she says with a smirk and takes the empty seat next to me.

Of course her choice of seating was not because of me but because of Michael who so happens to be to the right of her. She glances at me and lets out a chuckle before turning to face the front. As time ticks by and the clock continues to taunt me, Mr. Wilson is called out of the room. Now Mr. Wilson may be a teacher but he isn't the smartest one. Leaving a detention full of kids who, not trying to be judgmental but, will surely leave at any given chance.  And just to prove my point students gather their belongings and start to leave. When Andrea stands she turns to me, "Let's go, Valor." I'm shocked as the words leave her mouth. Why would she ask me, out of all the other people, to come with her? "Why?" I question her intentions. "No questions, he'll be back soon. Let's go." She shuts me up and walks out of the room. I grab my bag quickly and scramble to follow her.

"Who brought the stuck up princess?" Michael questions me. He's the shortest of them all, even shorter than me, so his snarky comments are all he can use against me. Even then he can't hurt me, he's like a harmless bug. Annoying and weak. I roll my eyes and Andrea speaks up, "I did, now shut up." He nods his head in an obeying manner as we quickly and quietly continue down the empty hall. "I'll see y'all later, lets go princess." She says and grabs me by my wrist.

"Don't call me that."  "Whatever. So what'd you do to get detention?" She asks and grabs a joint from her pocket.

 She ignites the lighter with her other hand and takes a long drag as soon as we step foot outside. She offers me the joint and I kindly shake my head and look away. "I told a teacher something and he took it sexually," I say while we continue to walk around the court yard. "Yeah? What'd you say?" I sigh and look up at the sky. The sun was out and the wind was dead. I was beginning to feel clammy in my jeans and sweater. Definitely not the outfit for this crucial heat.  "I was failing class and may or may not have offered him something for a better grade. But like he thought sex and I was thinking like ...money." I say as if I was trying to reassure myself that was the truth.

Andrea laughs as we approach a set of doors. "Where are we going? Actually no, why am I with you?" I blurt out in curiosity. "My first intentions were to fuck around with you, but you seem chill. So i'll give ya a break... for now." She explains as we walk into the second building. We keep walking down the dim hall. The only light leaking through the windows at the end of the hall. "Where the hell are we going?" I complain. It's frustrating just walking around with her. She shushes me and takes a quick turn.

Sighing she pulls her phone from her back pocket and quickly texts someone. The reply comes soon after she hits send and she slides her phone back in her ripped pocket. A guy pops up out of no where. "Alex," she says and grabs a small bag out of her pocket. "Drea," He nods his head and looks at me, "Annabella?" He says with shock.  Why is he questioning me? Alex was one of the biggest heartthrobs of the school. Next to Lucas of course. But Lucas was reserved for little Ms. perfect Vanessa Calloway. And Alex was the biggest fuck boy.

"That's my name," I smile at him and he takes a couple twenties out of his pocket. He quickly hands the money to Andrea and grabs the bag from her. His cold eyes never leave mine. "You speak of this to no one." "You're name in my mouth is a dream of yours." I shake my head at him. This earns me a smirk from Andrea. "We have to go, text me when you need more," she says and walks away. I contemplate following her or heading in the opposite direction. But before I can make up my mind, my feet are catching up with hers. "So why'd I have to come with to your drug deal?" I play with the ends of my braided hair and try to keep up with her fast pace. "I think we're gonna be great friends." She simply states as we walk towards the parking lot.