26

Vanessa Calloway~~

I wait on the chair by my window for his car to pull up. It was raining pretty hard and the sky was growing extremely dark. Sometimes the rain can be so relaxing but right now my hair looks too good and it's going to get messed up. Both of my parents were gone at some work party so the house was dead quiet. Something felt off but I'm not sure exactly what it is. My shoulders fall and I wait for him to pull up. 

Finally he pulls into the driveway and as close as he can to the house. I lock the door and close it before running as fast as I can. Heels are not the easiest things to run in, especially in the rain. He laughs at me when I get into the car and I roll my eyes. "What are you laughing at?" I ask and buckle up. 

"The real question is why don't you have an umbrella?" He asks back and pulls out of the driveway. He was taking me back to his place, where we were going to eat and hangout. I put the biggest smile on my face even though I'm slightly uncomfortable. "So how has the Ms. Calloway been?" He jokingly asks with a goofy look. He's such a dork. 

"I've been good actually. How about you, Mr. Miller?" I say as he turns a corner quickly. I shift in the seat and look over at him. He really is an attractive guy. His hair was perfect, his teeth straight and white, his smile beautiful. Whenever he laughed his nose would scrunch up and when he was angry you can see his jaw tighten. He's a smoker and whenever he lets a cigarette hang from his lips it makes him even hotter. The one thing that bothers me about it all is that everything I like about him, I liked about Lucas. 

He pulls into his garage and helps me get out of the car. I didn't dress too fancy but not really casual either. A simple jean skirt with a silk tank top and a transparent white cardigan. I have on a pair of chunky heels and my hair is loosely curled. We walk into his house and it already smells like heaven. I wonder how good his cooking is? It better be good or I'm gonna be disappointed. "It's almost ready, what would you like to drink?" He opens the fridge and there's all sorts of alcohol. "Surprise me," I respond. He nods his head and starts making us both drinks. 

He sets them down on the table and goes to grab the food. About five minutes later he comes back with two fully prepared plates. Chicken Dijon, one of my favorites. I wonder if he knew that because of Lucas? "It smells fantastic," I compliment him. "Just wait until you taste it," he says. "Oh, cocky are we? I'll have to be the judge of that" I say as he takes his seat. Everything looked wonderful and so fancy, there is no doubt that this food tastes bad in anyway. "Be my guest," he says and gestures to the food. I take the first bite and holy mother of Jesus. This is by far the greatest thing I have ever tasted. "What did I say? I'm just too good" he says with a deep laugh. 

"Yeah, you were right. This is the best I've had in years." I say before taking another bite. We continue to eat and have small talk about different things. About an hour in I already had three drinks and he is now making my fourth. We just finished eating desert, which was just ice cream from a store. He specifically told me, "I was not getting fancy for dessert, that's too much work." 

We sit on the couch with the fireplace on and the lights dimmed. "So how have you been after the whole thing with Lucas?" he asks me. Awkward, is the only way to describe that question. Lucas... well shit. "Um, it was hard at first but it's out of my mind. I guess, it was bound to happen... right? I mean it's a high school relationship, it never would have lasted?" I say. It comes out as if I'm asking for reassurance but I'm really not. 

"Yeah, I mean well maybe. My parents were high school sweethearts. Well not exactly high school, but you know what I mean you've heard the story before," he says. I raise my eyebrow before speaking up, "Actually, I've never heard the story. Now that I think about it Lucas never told me." "Really? Well then I'll tell you?" I nod my head and he begins to tell me the story about Mr. and Mrs. Miller. The high school sweethearts but with a twist. You see Teresa, their mom, was in eighth grade when she met Richard, who was in eleventh grade. It was frowned upon by everyone at the time for them to be together with an age difference like that. But they still stayed together, they hid it most of the time because he was turning eighteen soon. Anyway they've been together since then and they get along very well to this day. 

I envy them. I wish I can have that. I wish I can have a deep, passionate, long-lasting love. "That's crazy. I wonder if in another life I could have had that. Like if I wasn't seen as a ditz for cheering, or a dumb blonde that only gets guys because of her looks. It just sucks sometimes," I tell him. I'm surprised that I'm telling him this much, but then again I'm not exactly sure of what I'm saying at all. He looks over at me and says, "I think you're so much more than that. You're the sun when it first rises, bright and ambitious. I mean hell, you slept with your teacher to get back at your cheating boyfriend." 

That kind of hurt. I mean I didn't know he actually knew that was the only reason I did it. 

"Anyway, you are like the smell of flowers on a sunny day or a light breeze in the afternoon while the sun begins to set. You are so much more than what everyone thinks you are. You just never show that part of you," He finishes. It's a lot to take in, I also have to consider the fact that this is my teacher and he sees me from a completely different perspective. "Thank you, it means a lot to feel recognized for something different. Also I am really sorry about everything that happened." I tell him with sincerity. 

"Oh no don't be, I mean shit happens right? Oh well. It doesn't mean I didn't have a good time," He says with a smirk. I giggle at him and lightly whack him with a pillow. "Well I'm glad you had a good time. I did too," I say and take the last sip of the drink. I don't even know what I'm drinking to be honest. For all I know he could be drugging me, but I don't think that lowly of him. Anyway whatever it is, is amazing. It's the perfect drink for me and I didn't even realize until that last sip. Or maybe it's just because I've had so many. 

"Where's your bathroom?" I ask suddenly realizing I really have to pee. "Up the stairs, first door on the right." He directs me and I quickly stand up. I stumble over a little and groan before kicking my heels off. "God those are annoying," I complain as I shuffle towards the bathroom.  

After using the bathroom I turn the light off and leave. His room grabs my attention and I quietly tip toe to it. I push the door open and cuss when it creaks. Once I successfully get it open. Because I'm a pro at these things. I walk like a spy through his room. It's so beautiful. Black and white, covered in books, a large TV, all very expensive. I pick up a picture of him and his family. His mom, dad, one of their uncles family, Lucas, Brandon, and their old dog. God I loved that dog, too bad she passed away two years ago. 

The door shuts loudly and I almost drop the picture. I turn on my heels and see Brandon standing there with a smirk on his face. Oh no. "I see you've already shown yourself to my room," he says. His voice is deep but light at the same time. It's weird, but also really hot. "Ha, yeah I- Sorry, I just got drawn in," I try lying. He chuckles and grabs the picture from my hands and sets it down on the side table. "Don't be," he whispers in my ear. Oh fuck me.