3

Vanessa Calloway~~

It's been three days since I found my boyfriend and best friend sucking faces during practice. Three months and a virginity loss later I found out. And to reassure what I saw, two of my team mates filled me in on the details. My whole team knew about their little hookups. To say I'm angry with them, with everyone, would be an understatement. I'm infuriated and revolted. The idea of them all knowing and not even thinking of telling me is beyond disgusting.

I end practice fifteen minutes early. As the girls rush off to shower and leave I stay behind to wait for Lucas to be done. I scroll through my phone before deciding to text the group chat Andrea made. After yesterday in the bathroom, we skipped the last hour of school and drove around getting high. We learned a lot about each other in the short hour, and quickly a friendship formed. I send them a text telling them I'll meet up with them at lunch tomorrow to tell them the details. We decided to never talk in public. Since we all have our own pride in who we are. Being seen together would throw people off, make everything seem sketchy. And we can't have that happening since it would ruin the little plan we have made.

"Hey babe," Lucas address me out of breathe. "Hi Lucas, how was practice?" I question him as I grab my stuff to walk with him to the locker rooms. "Tiring, yours?" "It was okay, nothing spectacular." He nods his head and that's when I realize how short he has been with me. Never giving much to our relationship. Like he has someone else that he can be having more fun with. "I'll see you after I change," he nods to me and heads into the locker room.

I change into my jeans and a hoodie quickly before rushing back out of the locker room. After a few minutes Lucas comes out and wraps an arm around my shoulder. We walk out of the building and towards the parking lot.

"Do you think i'm dumb?" I blurt out. He stops in his tracks and I look down at my shoes. I look back up at him, slightly above me but not by much, and catch his eye. His actions contrast with the nervousness in his eyes. "Of course not, why would you say that?" He mutters out. I can see through his skin, the droplets of sweat forming on his skull. "No reason just wondering," I shrug it off like it was nothing and we continue walking. But in my head it was so much more. The news that had just been planted into my brain is eating me alive. "I'd never think you were dumb babe. Even if you were, I love you too much to care," he states and gives me his heart throbbing smile. He thinks I'm dumb. I can see past his lies and smile, the one he used to give me every time I told him I loved him. I guess I never appreciated it enough for him. Either that or his teenage hormones turned him into the pig he is.

"Right," I mumble. "I'll see you tomorrow baby," he says and leans in for a kiss. I turn my cheek and his wet lips fall into my face. When I pull back I turn around quickly and walk to my car.

I put my car in park and let out a sigh before grabbing my stuff and heading inside. "Vanessa?" My mother calls out. "It's me," I reply and head up to my room. The same routine everyday for the past year. She's crazy about everything and I mean this with all my heart. Every inch and centimeter of it possibly, she's crazy.

I pull my homework out of my bag and lay it on my desk. When I reach for my English assignment I quickly pull my hand back. Running towards my bed, where I left my phone, I pick it up and unlock it. I open the group chat and send them a text.

'I have a better way to do this. A riskier plan but a fun one'

After it sends I toss my phone back onto my bed and let out a sigh. Instead of doing homework I decide to clean up and go to bed. This plan better work.