32

Isiah Chesterton~~

I knew as soon as I saw her come in with Andrea. That's Elliot's girl. I was surprised, at first I thought she was here with Elliot and then when she introduced me I pretended I had never met her. When I came back out of my room I could see it on both of their faces. They knew not to say anything, not right now. None of us want to see how Andrea reacts. And right now Andrea doesn't need to know how they met.

I sit at the kitchen island after the girls go back into Andrea's room. This is how it usually is. As much as I would love to say we are a good family we aren't. Raising Andrea since she was young has been hard on all seven of us, her brothers. I know it sucks even more for Andrea. I mean... seven brothers, come on that must be miserable. But I love Andrea, I want to see her do good things for herself. But she is not going down that path.

I put my third cigarette, in the past ten minutes, out and make myself food. I really wonder how all this is going to play out. Maybe I should talk to Elliot about it. Yeah we aren't much of family people but it has to be shocking for him. I walk over to his door and knock before he lets me in.

"Did you know?" he immediately asks. "No did you?" I ask. "Of course not. What am I supposed to tell Andrea? She's going to be pissed," he rambles out. "Yeah I know, but you have to tell her. I mean clearly you love Annabella. Mayb-" I say before he cuts me off. "You think I love Annabella?" He questions. "Dude, I know you love her. It's so clear to see," I tell him. He just nods his head. Elliot may be hard to see through but I know one thing, and it's that he inevitably loves Annabella. "Anyway like I was trying to say, maybe Andrea won't be mad. I mean like if you explain it all to her, and soon, she might understand. She is a girl after all, don't girls understand these types of things?" I finally finish my sentence.

"Ha, yeah girls. But Andrea is not other girls," he argues.

"I'm just saying you never know," I argue back.

"Yeah, yeah I guess" he gives in.

"Yo so I've been thinking, it might be time for me to get my own place," I blurt out. Not exactly what I was expecting to bring up right now. "Yeah, me too" he tells me. "You think Andrea can afford this place herself?" I ask. "Probably not, I can always find her a smaller place and help her for a little. She is eighteen and I mean I'm twenty-five I would like my own place soon," he explains himself. "Same, but we can't bring it up to her now." He nods his head in agreement and we talk for a little bit.

He tells me all about his plans with Annabella and how he's going to try and get Andrea not to be mad. God do I hope it works.