9

Mickey Lee Pierce~~

Its been a year and a half. 18 months and 16 days. I haven't seen her or heard her. I left her in tears and panic and by now she's probably moved on. She probably hates me.

My hands are sweaty and clammy and my head is pounding. With shaky hands I ring the doorbell to the all too familiar house. "Coming!" A little scream comes from inside. Milo. He's six by now. The door swings open and he stands there with wet, dark, brown hair and a big smile on his face. "Mickey?" He questions as his smile slowly fades. "Hey buddy, is Annabella here?" I mutter and look past him. He shakes his head no before screaming for his mom.

"Who is- oh will you look at that. Mickey Lee Pierce its been a while, come on in," Ms. Valor says and takes a step back for me to come in. "Hi Mama, i'm sorry to just show up out of no where. I- i just-" I stutter my words before she cuts me off. "Never be sorry Mick, I've known you fourteen years. You're always welcome, and I know Abella and you had some crap going on. But don't worry yourself I'm sure she'll be happy as ever to see you again. Want something to drink?" She reassures me. 

"Um no thanks, can I just lay down somewhere until she comes home?" I whisper to her. "Of course, your rooms still up there" She nods her head and I thank her before walking away. The Valors have always been family to me. Ive been on my own since thirteen and i've known Annabella since I was four. Whenever I needed a place to stay they always took me in and if I was ever in trouble they were there to help.

I walk up the stairs slowly, taking in the fresh but familiar smell their house always had. Vanilla and apple cinnamon, and as weird as it sounds its the most comforting scent ever. My eyes scan over all the pictures that have changed over the past year. Family vacation pictures, Milos kindergarten graduation pictures, Annabella's school pictures were now all set in the new frames. The old baby pictures were now all gone. Pictures of Annabella and I taken down. I'm sure she hates me.

Once I'm at the top of the stairs I turn to "my" room and set my stuff down. The walls were still a navy blue and the comforter black. Old books and skateboards of mine were stashed in the closet, other than that the room had been cleaned away. All clothes of mine were gone, all pictures I had gone, all posters gone.

After slipping my shoes off I walk back out of my room and towards Annabella's. The rooms changed a lot. Its not baby pink and purple with butterflies and flowers everywhere. It was pure, very white, and expensive. Diamonds and top brand bags everywhere. A picture of her and Milo sits on her bedside table and next to it, her favorite book. My favorite book. I flip through it to see the highlighted pages and little comments I would leave in all my favorite books. A smile small grows on my face and the next thing I know a tear slips from my eye.

I left her alone and broken. Sad as it sounds she had no friends besides me. I really hope she's doing okay. I hate myself for showing up here, but I just need to see her again. And I hope she wants to see me.