•Chapter 2•

A loud buzz wakes Lafayette up the next morning.

"Rise and shine assholes." A guard calls, raping his baton against the cell doors.

Groaning, Lafayette sits up on his matress. He never truely fell asleep, both from the voices in his head and the snores of the man below him.

Theres a dull pain in his back, probably thanks to the hard matress.

Nonetheless, he jumps down from the top bunk, his feet thumping when they hit the floor.

Shuffling out of his cell, he looks around to see a chaotic hallway. He's not completely sure where to go, and has practically forgotten the instructions he got yesterday.

Everyone seems to be walking in one direction, so he simply follows the flow.

"Ey ma!" Someone in the crowd calls to a female guard.

"Flores you know Ill report you." The guard replies, staring ahead unamused.

"Why so serious, Officer Schyler? Try a smile baby." Someone calls.

Lafayette peers back, but cant hear anymore of the conversation as he's already out of earshot.

He focuses his gaze forward, now seeing that everyone is headed to the cafeteria.

After waiting in a line and being handed a tray of mush, the man walks around, a bit lost.

'Just like the first day of highschool.' He thinks to himself, silently chuckling a bit.

"Is that my brother?" A familiar voice calls. Lafayette spins around to see something that makes him smile.

"Alexander. Its good to see you." The man says, giving the carribean a hug. Neither were sure they'd be able to fine each other in the large prison, but evidently that wasnt a problem.

"Who is this, Alex?" John asks, peeking out from behind his boyfriend.

John didnt remember Alex every saying he had a brother. Well to be fair, he never heard anything about Alex's childhood.

"Oh. Laff, this is my boyfriend, John." Alex says, wrapping a hand around the man's waist. Lafayette gives an empty smile, remembering his own boyfriend. The one he'll never see again.

"John, this is my brother Laff. We both lived at that foster home I told you about." The man says, smiling.

John does remember that. A foster home that appeared in a few of Alex's stories. It seems to be the only thing of his past that Alex would talk about.

"Pleasure to meet you." Laff says to the freckled man, smiling.

The man nods in return, happy to finally get a glimpse into his boyfriend's past.

"So laff." His brother starts as they sit down, "How'd you end up in here? You were always the one that kept us in check."

He looks to his brother with a joking expression, before biting down on a stale muffin.

"I, uh..." the frenchman starts, feeling tears well up in his eyes.

John and Alex exchange a look, an unspoken conversation traveling between the two.

"Hey, buddy. Its okay. We dont need to know." John says, squeezing the man's hand.

"Yeah, I didnt mean to upset you, Laff. Its really none of my buisness." Alex says, desperate to keep his brother from crying.

Both boyfriends know what happens in here to those who cry. 

Lafayette could feel the tear that rolled down his cheek, and tastes the salt once it reached his lip.