•Chapter 13•

Warning: violence/gore; suicidal topics.

Watch out babes, shit goes down in this chapter.
----

Lafayette wakes up to wet cheeks, dampened by tears. He faintly remembers his dream. It was warm and perfect, until...

He knows he can't fall back asleep, not that he really wants to.

So he lays there, staring at the ceiling with his broken mind, and broken body.

These days, he cant seperate his dreams from reality, or what people say from what really happened. It all blurrs, and he doesnt have nearly enough energy to seperate anything.

He tries not to close his eyes, or let his thoughts pour in.

So he simply lays there, helplessly pushing against his wave of emotions.

*****

At work, Lafayette cant help but notice a sharp metal part sticking out from the washing machiene. 

It feels as if hes moving on autopilot as he grabs it. At first it won't budge, but after he bends down and uses both hands, the metal stick bends and breaks off.

He hurriedly stands up, trying not to draw any attnetion to himself. Lafayette quietly places the metal into his pocket,  walking carefully to keep it completely hiden as he works.

When the bell rings, Lafayette begins to rush away, before slowing himself down. He has to act normal. He slows his pace, slumps over, and tries not to touch his pocket so much.

Hercules looks up at the man who his heart aches for. His mind still rushes everytime he catches a glimpse of him. And it seems every day the man is covered in more bruises and dried blood.

"Hey." Hercules says in a soft tone. It makes Lafayette jump a bit, and he looks awfully nervous.

"Hi." He replies quickly, inching away.

"No, come back." Hercules says, motioning to the man. Lafayette's instincts tell him to speed away, and do god knows what. But for some reason he stays, looking expectantly at the man.

"Whats going on? I see how you come in, with the bruises and the black eyes." Lafayette quickly covers his swollen eye with a loose strand of hair. Not that it would do anything, the man just said he sees it everyday.

"You can tell me." Hercules says. Too late, he notices how kind and soft his voice seems. He has to keep his feelings in check. 

"Im fine." Lafayette blurts out far too quickly.

"Its oka-"

"Im fine." He repeats forcefully, before rushing off, sprinting down the hallway.

"LAFF!" Hercules calls, watching the man run off.

Lafayette runs and runs, without actually knowing where hes going. Once again, he seems to be acting on autopilot, and he ends in a janitors closet, closing the door and slowly sliding to the floor.

With shaky hands, he pulls the pipe from his pocket. The end is jagged, with sparkly metal bits that fall when he blows on it.

He first tests it out on his finger, poking the rough edge and feeling how sharp it seems.

One sure it would suffice, the man put it down next to him.

He shouldnt do this. It...its bad itll kill him, and its not something to turn to...but what else did he have? His parents didnt visit anymore, hes trapped by his cellmate, his mind is killing him, everyone left...

He cant think anymore, so he picks it back up again. He spends some time admiring his stolen treasure. Its cold, and very smooth except for the rough part. And its fairly new, completely free from rust.

Suddenly, a deep part of his mind snaps him from his trance and makes his hand rip the edge across his wrists again and again, until everything is covered in thick deep colored blood.

The crimson liquid pours from the mans wrists faster and faster, drowning everything it touches. Its warm, and oddly makes the man smile despite the pain and the sickening feeling in his gut.

"bien ... au revoir monde." He murmurs, whimpering as a hot tear trails down his cheek, falling and sending a ripple through the puddles of blood that have collected next to the man. Gradually, his vision goes darker until he barely see anymore. 

The last thing Lafayette hears is the metal clang on the ground as it falls from his blood soaken hand.

---
A/n: didnt plan it, but 13 strikes again.