Thorin

This imagine is for 04olivia04 and I hope you enjoy reading it and that imagine will be worth your expectations (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Líra's POV:

It had been 10 years after the battle of the five armies and everything seemed normal again, even though nothing will ever be the same, since all those years ago Smaug attacked Erebor and destroyed everything.

A great part of the mountain had been rebuilt again but there was still a lot of things to do before the mountain could shine under the reign of the new and great king under the mountain. Thorin Oakenshield, my best friends uncle.

Yes my best friends were Fili and Kili, the kings nephews. I really loved them but sometimes I just wanted to kill them. I had stayed with Dís in Ered luin because Fili and Kili said they couldn't take me with them. They knew I was capable of defending myself.

I had been learning to defend myself since I was a little dwarfling. Who my teacher had been? The king himself. Ever since all those training sessions with Thorin I had a soft spot for him and to make matters worse the kings sister knew about my feelings for her brother. She had scolded me for being so foolish but in the end she took me into her arms and apologised for being so harsh to me. She had told me that she didn't want me getting hurt as she knew her brother very well and probably to protect her brother from any more harm if my feeling should only be a little crush.

Thorin, Fili and Kili knew very well how good I was with a sword, bow and arrow, yet they still didn't take me with them to reclaim our homeland. They went away over the night without saying goodbye to me. It broke me to find out they had left me here to look after the volk with Dís together. I was so mad that I swore myself all three would feel my wrath if I would see them again, and if they would've died or injured pretty badly that I would kill them myself.

As the message of the reclaim of Erebor reached us we didn't know what would await us. Because there wasn't said a thing that all three Durin's almost died. As we found out that they were alive Dís and I had cried tears of joy and yet we still had had to give them a talk. And not much had changed. My feelings for Thorin were still as strong as they were before, if not even stronger. As I saw him all my anger flew away and I just had to hug him and to my surprise he hugged me back.

Yes all of this happened ten years ago today. And nothing had really changed but the fact that Kili was going to be married to Tauriel, the she-elf, soon enough. And that the King asked me to attend to one of the royal dinners. I was nervous. Thorin had never invited me to such family matters. There must be something important behind all those secretly whispering to each other the past weeks. Mostly though Fili and Kili were more obvious to that than the others of the company.

I mean of course I kind of do belong to their family since I've known Fili and Kili all my life and I of course had had dinner with them but Thorin wasn't there most of the times and it never were that much people, only Fili Kili Dís and I, sometimes Thorin too. Right now I was in Dís' room and she was helping me find a good dress for dinner. She once may have scolded me for falling for Thorin but now she was supporting me in these matters.

She even told me once that she couldn't imagine someone better for her brother. Thorin and I somewhat had a special bond. Everytime Fili Kili and I were in trouble because we got caught pranking someone, I easily could calm Thorin down while my best friends would always get punished.

Thinking back at those moments I couldn't help but let out a small giggle which brought me Dís attention. She looked at me curiously and asked " Líra dear what are you laughing at" still giggling I answered " nothing just an old memory back in the blue mountains " she gave me a look as to say that there is more than that.