s i x t y - f o u r t h ♂️

Calls.

The distant, vague calls that I had been hearing for these past few hours, felt as if it was begging for my attention. Firstly, I had ignored it, thinking it was just something trying to distract me, but it had grown louder by each second. I resisted towards its pull, but eventually, I succumbed to its request and listened to the voices, which brought back my consciousness from the darkness. In fact, the voice wasn't the one who had been bothering and torturing me, but a completely different one who seemed... genuine and attracting.

I struggled opening my eye, as if someone had sewn it shut. It was pretty much swollen and dry, probably from all the tears I had shed, but it wasn't as painful as I expected it to be. I found myself lying on some ground, but this time, it was really warm, and I could feel it soothing my body down. I stared above, and the ceiling was immaculately white, with no other signs of something uncanny.

This was... weird.

My head was slightly spinning, probably because it had been on a hard surface, but it wasn't that bad, and I could still tolerate it. The most strangest thing was, the numbness and throbbing of my muscles had totally disappeared, as if they had recuperated. As a result, I could move my limbs and my body to my commands. With this advantage, I promptly hauled myself up and skimmed around me.

I was sitting in the middle of nowhere, with no hints of any walls, indicating that the area had no ends. Everything was really white, that I have to squint my eye to adjust to the intense brightness. Seeing these things, there was this gut feeling that I had been here before, just with a different ambience. I didn't sense anything ominous or sinister, but pure benevolence and lightheartedness, and my heart quickly took as a sign of affection.

However, one thing caught my eye.

There was a distinct human figure, standing inches away from me, somewhat keeping a distance. It was the odd one out of the rest, and my instincts told me that this person was related to me in some way, especially with my past, and that I must make an approach. Before I did that, I observed its appearance first, noting its details...

...and immediately, I had a strong feeling that I knew her. I swear I've seen her somewhere else.

As memories of her pieced together, I remembered her light purple hair that was curled on its ends, which reached until her shoulders. The messy, trimmed fringes fell upon her forehead, almost covering her eyebrows. I recalled her bright eyes that reminded me of the cloudless skies, and even the tiny smile that spread across her face. She was wearing... that exact same gown, black in color, adorned with a short cape. However, unlike that time... she was now... all smiles and delight.

"Hey, Ed." She greeted with a small grin.

The moment I heard her speaking up, I was left speechless. My brain had ceased to function and so couldn't process what was happening, and my heart almost stopped beating. I didn't know why I was even holding my breath. My eye opened wide, and my mouth was dangling open. It took a few minutes for me to recover from its state of shock, and the next thing I knew, I immediately stood up as I croaked out a word.

"L... Lynn...?" I mumbled.

In reflex, I took a step back, feeling myself unable to trust her true identity and believe that she... was truly there in front of me. She clearly didn't react at my reflex, as if she had actually known what my response would be. However, she simply nodded in acknowledgement, her smile simply broadened, and her eyes glinted with recognition. She was straight up telling me that she was, Adelynn Whiteside, the girl that I had used to be friends with.