Chapter 2

My thoughts took to to a different place. "Maya!" I looked up to see Riley! The beautiful brunette stared down at me from on top of a play structure. "Hey Riles!" I said. I felt as if I knew this place like the back of my hand, but a part of me knew that I had in fact never been there before. "Come here!" Riley said. Her voice was angelic, she looked like an angel too. It was as if she was sent from heaven, just for me, no one else. I looked up at her and started to climb up the steps leading to the place where Riley was standing. "I haven't seen you in a while Maya!" She said taking me into a hug. "I have been having some troubles..." I said, looking down at my feet. I realized I was still in the hospital gown that I was wearing before I fell asleep. "I can tell..." Riley said. She looked at my blue and green, oversized, tie up hospital gown. "What's wrong Maya..." Riley asked. I looked at her with big, sad,
Puppy dog eyes. She smiled at me and picked up my hand. She dragged me towards the slide. She let go of my hand and sat down. She patted her lap, telling to sit down. I smiled at her. Finally, I didn't feel scared and alone! I was with someone... someone who cared! I sat down on her lap and she pushed us down the slide. I screamed as we flew down the long, red slide. When we hit the bottom, We fell of the end of the slide. I was dying of laughter, same with Riley. When we finally finished the Laughing fit she stood up. Grabbing my arm to help me up, she asked again "Maya, what's wrong?" She pulled me up of the grass. "It's just..." a tear escaped my eye. Riley pulled me over to the bench and we both sat down on it. I looked into her eyes and suddenly felt safe. I believed that I could tell Her anything and have not a care in the world after. "Riley... I woke up somewhere today... it was, different... not like here..." she tilted her head, obviously confused. "It was darker... and, well... you were not there! It seemed that you were never there... I told people about you and... and they just looked at my like I was crazy... but Riley I knew that you were real! I remembered the times we had together... I remembered how you helped me through so much! I just... I'm so confused... I know your real Riley... but I just, can't figure out how... you know?" I asked. She was looking at me she had a concerned look on her face, but I was not like the one that my mother or the nurses had had. It was more like... she understood what I was going through, just she felt bad. I looked away, as did she. There was nothing but silence for what felt like forever. "You know..." Riley said, breaking the silence. "Sometimes, the things that are most important to us can't be with us all the time... do you understand Maya?" Riley put one finger under my chin. She lifted my head up so my eyes were level with hers. I didn't respond. "I will Always be  here for you Maya, but I will never be out there..." she said. She looked up to the sky. "Who do you mean 'out there'" I asked. My voice was panicked. "Maya you just need to stop worrying... I am here to protect you... you are safe!" Riley hugged me. "I don't understand Riley!!!" I yelled. She rubbed my back. "Maya, I know you are hurting right now... I know this is hard... that's why I'm here! I will be here for you, I will be here when you need me..." The rears we're running down my face. I was sobbing into Riley's shoulder. "Promise your I'll never leave..." I said. "I can't do that Maya..." she said. I suddenly woke again. This time in a different place. "Riley?" I shouted as I darted up. "RILEY" I yelled, even louder. My mother came running in, along with Corrine. "Maya it ok! It's ok!" The nurse said being careful not to touch me again. "Shhhh" my mom said "stop screaming, Maya! Your fine" "I want Riley!" I yelled again.