Chapter 11

I was still in that ally... I hated to wake up... we had just had our first kiss. I wondered if she had woken up wherever she was also. But then I reminded myself, "Maya! Riley.is.not.real!" I know she told me she was but, maybe that's what dream people did. I didn't know.

I wondered the time, cause it looked as if the sun was setting. I got up, realizing the coldness of the air. I shivered and rubbed the sides of my arms. My feet ached as I walked, probably due to the fact that I had on only slippers. I walked a little farther into the city, looking into store windows for the time of day. I looked into one that had a playing T.V inside it. I sat down outside the window so I could watch, what else was I going to do? Then suddenly the television shit off. I was a little sad about that, I was enjoying the show that was on.

It flashed red a few times, causing me to raise one eyebrow. It made a Alarm noise then words appeared on the screen. It read Maya Hart. Missing. 15 year old blond girl, blue eyes about 5'2. Last seen 2 nights ago at her mothers house. The store owner walked over to the T.V and read everything on the screen. He said something to another man in the shop, it sounded like "isn't that terrible," my eyes widened, realizing he might see me.

I took off running through the streets hiding my face from passing and nearby people. I ran around and out of the city. Finally seeing a good place to hide. It was a small shed about 60 feet from a small cottage. The cottage looked abandoned but I didn't want to risk it. I entered the shed. It smelled of gas and rotting fruit, but honestly, I didn't care.

As I got settled in I questioned why I was there, why didn't I just stay in my house? Then I reminded myself that it was because I wasn't needed and I was just causing stress on my mother, who did nothing wrong. I shivered and pushed my body closer into the corner. And tried to fall asleep. It was too cold though. I just sat there shivering. My eyes were closed and I was willing myself to fall asleep, but I never did. I was starving too, so that didn't help much. I wanted someone to find me so bad, but at the same time, I just wanted to stay out here by myself and cause no more problems.