Chapter 29

Time seemed to slow when I was hugging Riley, she somehow made me feel safe, and I hoped that I made her feel the same way. When we finally finished hugging she sat down on her bed. Looking up at me, she patted the spot next to her, asking me to sit down. I did so and felt the horrible feeling of bed springs. The bed was the most uncomfortable thing in the world. It felt like I was just sitting on springs. "When did you get released from the hospital?" Riley asked, trying to speak up conversation. "Funny story actually..." I laughed a bit. "I didn't..." I gave her a evil smile, obviously joking. She had a look of surprise, but was also laughing too. "You escaped?!" She said. "Shhhh" i turned to make sure the door was shut. "Oh come on... they can't hear you through these walls..." she went to hit the wall but I grabbed her hand before she could show me how sound proof it was. "I believe you Riles... you don't have to hit the walls..." I started to laugh again. This was the most happiness I had felt since Riley left. "When are you leaving?" She asked. "The real question is when are WE leaving..." I smiled at her excepting a smile back, all I got was a concerned face. "Maya... I can't leave..." she said. "What?" "I-I can't escape this place... I'm done... I'm just going to stay here for as long as I have to, then I can live a normal life..." She faked a smile. "Oh..." I sighed and put my face in my palms. "I'm sorry Riley... I should have never come... I'm interfering with you recovery and all I really want is for you to get better..." I stood up and started pacing. "I just wanted to spend time with you... I just want to make sure your ok! I'm being selfish, aren't I?" I felt Riley pull me into a hug. "Maya... your not being selfish..." she said. I wrapped my arms around her. "I want to get better for you! As soon as I'm better me and you are going to see each other again, we will hang out all the time and I will make my parents move closer to your house so we can go to the same school! That's why you need to go back to the hospital, so you can get batter faster!" She sounded so happy, and so sure. It was like she had planned this out. I laughed at how happy and excited she was. "That's right!" I said, still hugging her.