Chapter 6

Riley was there! She was there again! I didn't even realize where, I just ran up to her and took her into a big hug. "RILEY!" I yelled through a cry. She didn't respond. "You ok Riles?" I asked. She didn't respond again. I pushed her away so I could see her face. "Riley? What's... what's wrong?" I asked, wiping my tears away. She looked broken and sad. It was my turn to help her. She looked at me with her big, huge brown eyes. "Maya, I woke up today." She said. I didn't understand. "W-What?" My voice was weak and shaky. "Maya, I-I woke up! In that dark, gloomy, disgusting world." She said. A tear rolled down her cheek. I reached up to wipe it away. "Riley... do you mean you woke up where I did?" I asked. She said nothing, just nodded. My spirit lifted a bit. I hated seeing Riley like this but maybe this meant she was real! Maybe she was in our world! "Maya... I can't do it. I can't make it in that world." She said "I don't remember my life before. Nothing." She sobbed. "I- I never knew there was another world. Do you remember me? When we were together every day? I know what happened to us." She said. The tears stopped rolling down her face. "What happened?" I asked, trying to get her to continue talking. "I think that we thought we were dead. I think our minds were so close to dying from, whatever happened, that we thought we were dead. We created our own little heaven to stay in until we were close enough to life." She made no sense, but also, compete sense. "Riley... I just" "Maya! It the only thing that makes sense anymore..." she said, interrupting me. "Please don't tell me otherwise... I have to have something in my life that I can understand." I pulled her into a hug again. She cried into my shoulder. She had to bend down a little bit though, I was I little bit short. I went up on my toes, just so she could be more comfortable. "We will be ok Riles..." I said. I remembered what Riley had down to help me calm down, like rub my back, and I did the same with Her. "Maya... remember when I told you I couldn't promise I would be here forever?" She asked, pulling away from the hug. "Yes." "Will you always be here for me?" She asked. I didn't care that she said she wouldn't be there forever, I would be. I could make that promise. "Yes, Riley." I said. "I will always be her for you..." she gave me a forced smile, I didn't return it, just took her into another hug.