Chapter 9

Suddenly I felt it again. The red hot fire on my arms and neck. I saw a flash of fire, I saw people running and screaming. Where did they come from? I screamed to, realizing the pain the fire was causing. I didn't move, just sat on the ground hugging my knees, covering my face. I was crying now, now that I remembered. I tried to ignore this now, telling myself it was just a Dream and I couldn't actually be hurt. But this was too real to ignore. To painful. There was a huge bang. I looked up to see more fire, more bricks tumbling down, more people screaming and dying. It scared me to much, I just wanted to get out of there. I was looking around at the burning down art museum. I heard the fire trucks, the police cars. Maybe they would save me! I was picked up by a large man who laid me on a stretcher. As they were carrying me away, I saw a figure, still trapped in the fire. Long, dark hair flopped over her face. She looked up and I realized it was Riley! "No! You have to help her!" I yelled at the firemen. They didn't even respond, I didn't even get a look from any of them. I kept screaming at them, even though it was almost to painful to talk. "YOU NEED TO SAVE HER! FORGET ABOUT ME! GO SABE HER!" I yelled. No one answered. I tried to sit up to get their attention. But it was like I was glued to the stretcher. I was helpless, my one chance to really help Riley, and I was helpless. I awoke again, this time screaming. My mo was staring at me, a phone in her hand. I jumped off my bed and started to run. "Maya no!" My mom said, trying to grab my arm. It only made me more nervous when her hand grazed my arm. I hated the feel of touch. The memories were all back. They hit me like a truck. The bombs, the screams, it was all clear now! I remembered! But my mom was right, I didn't want to...