Chapter 15

It was the same skinny, brown haired girl I had seen through her door and in my dream last night! I wondered who she was and why I kept seeing her. My train of thought was interrupted when someone opened my door. I jumped and flipped around, only to see my Mother. "Hey... Maya? Why are you out of bed?" And asked. I didn't talk. I was not in the mood to speak right now. "Ok... do what you please..." her voice sounded defeated. She said this whole sitting down into a chair, the only chair to be exact. I couldn't imagine it being all to comfortable either. I started at her, waiting for her to tell me about my dad. She didn't even look up. I wanted to ask her about him, I wanted to yell and scream at her for doing nothing to stop him. But is stayed quiet. Just like I had been for the past few weeks. I layer in bed that night, just figuring out ways that I could escape here and get a fresh start somewhere else. I wondered how in the world would I get better from this. I didn't even know what was wrong with me, I just knew there was something. I wondered how I could possibly live a normal life after this experience. I decided that it wasn't possible. Tears started streaming down my face as I thought of all the days to come, me, just sitting in a room by myself, not talking, not touching, just living in a shell. I didn't want it to be like this, but you can't change the past. I cried myself to sleep, wondering if maybe I would see Riley tonight. I suddenly was wandering around the hospital, no body was around. I looked through doors and windows, not a movement or sound was detected by me. I kept on walking, my pace grew. It was as if my legs were leading me somewhere. They came to a halt in-front of a door. I peered through the window. It revealed the same dark haired girl I had been wondering about. I opened the door. She didn't move. I walked over to her, still, no movement. I went to touch her on the shoulder and as soon as my hand made contact with her skin, she shot up like an arrow and pinned me against a wall. I let out a small scream and shut my eyes. The pressure on my body was released. I finally opened my eyes again. There stood a broken, sad, distressed version of my Riley. She was looking me in the eyes. Probably sensing the sudden fear that had just came upon me. She had her hand over her mouth and was slowly backing away from me. I took a step towards her. "Riley-" she cut me off. "No! Stay back..." she said through tears. "I'm... I'm a danger to you..." she said. "No! Riles your not..." I kept stepping closer, she moved back still. "Maya, I know your scared of me..." she said. "Never..." I grabbed her wrist and pulled her close to me. Our faces were almost touching. I looked deep into her big brown eyes. "I could never fear such a beautiful, sweet, caring girl..." I whispered to her. "Good..." she said. She leaned in to kiss me. I learned forwards too. Soon we were kissing, once again. She pulled away and gave me a big hug. "Maya... we still have to find each other..." she said. "I will stop at nothing to find and get to you!" I said with determination in my voice. I smile at her, she returned it. And she just stood there, hugging and looking into each other's eyes.