Chapter 38

About 2 mothers had passed since Riley had woken up. We had been inseparable since then, together 24/7. We had weekly visits to the hospital that we needed to go to, and we had joint therapy sessions. We were getting better, slowly, but it was happening. We are recovering together! Riley was no longer scared or angry. And I was no longer having extreme panic attacks. We were going to school now, the same school, actually. Our parents had met each other and life was ultimately great! Compared to what it used to be like. Riley and I were about to go on our 3erd date together. I couldn't wait! When she showed up she was wearing that same blue dress she had on in the dream. She looked even more beautiful in real life wearing that dress then in a dream. We sat down at a table that my mother had helped me reserve. We ordered our meals and now we're just talking. Well, SHE was talking. I was just sitting there, listening to her stories. I could listen to Riley talk for ever. I stared at her, taking in how beautiful she looked. Finally, she was happy. Stress free, anxiety free, depression free. She was Riley again! I loved nothing more then seeing her happy. This was all over. The deaths, the sadness, the pain, it was all over. And now, Riley and I could spend the rest of our lives in happiness. Like it was supposed to be! "Maya?" Riley waved her hand in front of my face. "Yes?" I said, smiling at her. "What were you looking at?" "How beautiful you look..." I saw her face turn red. "Riley I need to tell you something..." "anything!" She replied. "No matter what happens... no matter where you are... I will always be nearby..."