Chapter 36

I was staring into someone's eyes. Someone's big, beautiful, brown eyes. They were starting back at me. I took one step back finally being able to see her. It was Riley! She had her hair curled up into a beautiful braided bun, and she was wearing a gorgeous Navy blue dress. I smiled at her, taking in how beautiful she looked. She was smiling back at me, but her smile told me something different. She wasn't smiling her usual smile. It was sad, but happy. I couldn't tell what message she was trying to get across to me. "Riley?" I said, taking both of her hands into mine. "Are you ok?" She just kept that smile on her face, she looked somewhat relieved. "Yes..." she said, her smile grew. "Finally yes!" She twirled around, almost crying from the happiness. "Why are you so happy?" I giggled. I loved to see her like this. I hadn't since I was in that coma, I missed those times with Riley, and now maybe they were back! I hoped they were back. "Maya..." she said, her face grew serious. She took my hands, pulling me closer. I was less then two inches from her face, just looking into her eyes. "I'm finally free of all of this pain, from all of this sadness!" Her eyes softened, and she put her hand on my face. "What do you mean?" I asked, tilting my head. "I don't have to live with everything anymore... I can just stay here! Like this, exactly like this!" She smiled again. "Maya... Lucas freed me..." those words hit me all at once. She was talking about her death. She was dead... tears filled my eyes, and were soon spilling down my cheeks. Riley was happy because she was dead. She didn't want to feel the pain, she didn't want to suffer anymore. This one thing that made me feel the worst feelings, made her so happy. She wiped a tear from my cheek. "Maya... this is better for me! Trust me!" "No!" I yelled, pulling away from her. "No! Your not dead yet! You can't just escape! Riley, I need you in my life! I can't live without you..." I managed to say through sobs. She smiled and told me she didn't want to be dead, she just didn't want to suffer anymore. "When you wake up, I will make sure that nothing will ever hurt you again..." I said, but she just shook her head, telling me that that will not work. We talked for a while more, both still arguing for our sides of the debate. But after a while, Riley suddenly collapsed. I was shocked, unable to move. She doubled over in pain. Scars and bruises, cuts and scratches, suddenly appeared on her body. She screamed in pain, snapping me out of my shock. I dropped to my knees, coming to her aid. Every time I went to touch her she would turn away and scream louder. The dream started to fade as I woke. When it was finally over, I awoke to my who body sweating and shaking. I didn't even take one second, I hopped out of bed and started off towards the hospital.